Weber Genesis Old vs New

I had a few slats and not so good condition zbars left over, so I made two half tables.
One fit without modification on the Junior, and I had to add customized rail extensions for support on the 1000;
The donor for the extensions was an otherwise bad 02-03 Silver B frame.

I had a few slats and not so good condition zbars left over, so I made two half tables.
One fit without modification on the Junior, and I had to add customized rail extensions for support on the 1000;
I like your design ideas!

Not sure how well everyone will feel about it but I want to heavily modify a JR unless I get a pristine unmolested JR.

I've imagined putting a Junior in a stainless frame. I picture the cookbox, control panel and side table all fitting within the bigger frame, with the tank mounted under the table. Dual fold out tables too, of course.

The Junior with a rusted out frame that was for sale a couple hours away inspired me. Sort of a Platinum Junior. Glad I didn't go down that rabbit hole!

For me Removing the propane tank on the right going to NG. loosing the right table and swing table and frame rails so nothing past the control panel on the right. On the left using a frame piece probably from a 1000 add casters a full left table and swing table. Aestetically like a 1000 but smaller.

If I did this to a propane JR I would relocate the tank to the left side under the table.

Last edited:

Back