Weber Genesis Gold C (00-01)

Could anyone confirm whether this is the correct ignitor kit for my model? I was cleaning up the old one today and not sure that it is going to work as the ground broke off plus it looks like there are some loose pieces inside the igniter switch.

No, don't order that one. You can get the whole thing for less money on Amazon or ebay. Look for Weber part #7509

Last edited:
Yep, you can get aftermarket ones that work just as good for about $10. They come in two different styles. Weber part #s: 7509 and 7510. One secures with a nut and one is snap in. Just get the one that matches what your grill came with.

Thanks to everyone for the support so far. All I am waiting for to complete reassembly is the ignitors and regulator, which I should have by Thursday. I will post final finished photo's once completed. Stay tuned!

Testing out the burners before my ignition kit comes in. Seems to fire off fine on high. On medium the front burner goes in and out and on low only the back burner works.

The only part of the manifold I didn’t take apart is the gas valve cap. Going to take that off and clean it later. Other than that, any suggestions of what it might be?

*EDIT* - Also worth noting that the gas tank I am using is pretty much on empty, this may be playing a part in it as well.

High setting:
E6BF05DA-A7E7-4F2E-BED3-84958C472C4F.jpeg

Medium setting:
1F7CB22F-6204-4334-AA6D-ACA827AEBE91.jpeg

Low setting:
29442480-D094-488C-95D8-FCA3AAC11CF2.jpeg

Last edited:
So here it is after all said and done. Just waiting on the igniter kit but all the burners are operational.

Reused most of the hardware, except the bolt that secures the grill box to the frame. Brand new grill grates, flavorizer bars, and catch pan. Everything else has been restored.

Pretty happy with the overall result, now we’ll see how it holds up.

8E9C59D3-812C-4025-8DA8-CDC78826752C.jpeg67EE092D-FCBD-49CC-A484-BEFE75FFB537.jpeg446B8AFA-AD59-4342-8DAF-E580F24DA495.jpeg1054C034-3EDC-4003-94AA-37AB34A30D86.jpegD9E98BBD-039C-4C12-9E76-B648FEA83017.jpeg

That's a winner for sure. A classic Weber with a unique look they only did for a few years. It looks great! I am sure it will serve you well. (y)

For sure get a new full tank hooked up and tested before you try more invasive solutions.
New tank doesn’t seem to be the issue. I blew out the burner tubes with a compressor and they are all functioning on medium now. Low seems to be going out still going to adjust the air intakes to see if that helps.

The two most obvious causes of that problem at this point are either a bad regulator or too much grease in the valves which is now partially blocking gas flow. Adjusting the air shutters on the burner tubes might be the problem but unlikely since they appear to be the original tubes and you didn't find any rotted out areas on them.

The two most obvious causes of that problem at this point are either a bad regulator or too much grease in the valves which is now partially blocking gas flow. Adjusting the air shutters on the burner tubes might be the problem but unlikely since they appear to be the original tubes and you didn't find any rotted out areas on them.
Hmm maybe the regulator. I’ll double check the tubes but I looked in before I assembled and thought they looked pretty clear. Brushed the exterior pretty well with a wire cup and all the perforations were clear.

Just finished refreshing my grill yesterday for the 3rd or 4th time. I am the original owner from 2001. Made a few mistakes with the first refresh. I got to aggressive with the end caps and and frame rust spots. . Ended up removing the textured finish in the end caps. on The frame, i should have started with the least aggressive abrasive mater a possible.
Rich
View attachment 52333
Hey there, just curious if you ever purchased a grill cover for this model? The one's I found in the thread and online for "Genesis Gold C" don't appear to be the appropriate dimension for this and the only other size I found that is big enough looks like it may be quite a bit bigger, which will result in a baggy fit. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Hey there, just curious if you ever purchased a grill cover for this model? The one's I found in the thread and online for "Genesis Gold C" don't appear to be the appropriate dimension for this and the only other size I found that is big enough looks like it may be quite a bit bigger, which will result in a baggy fit. Any suggestions would be helpful.
What type paint did you use on the frame? Ready to do a Silver B

Just finished refreshing my grill yesterday for the 3rd or 4th time. I am the original owner from 2001. Made a few mistakes with the first refresh. I got to aggressive with the end caps and and frame rust spots. . Ended up removing the textured finish in the end caps. on The frame, i should have started with the least aggressive abrasive mater a possible.
Rich
View attachment 52333
What type paint did you use on the frame? I am ready to do my silver B frame. Any tips?

What type paint did you use on the frame? I am ready to do my silver B frame. Any tips?
There's a great video on here that Bruce made on painting frames. Of course I'm apparently too stupid to find it again. Hopefully somebody else can because Bruce is really good at it.

Back