Weber Genesis Gold C (00-01)

So here it is after all said and done. Just waiting on the igniter kit but all the burners are operational.

Reused most of the hardware, except the bolt that secures the grill box to the frame. Brand new grill grates, flavorizer bars, and catch pan. Everything else has been restored.

Pretty happy with the overall result, now we’ll see how it holds up.

View attachment 53618View attachment 53619View attachment 53620View attachment 53621View attachment 53622
It looks GREAT!

Hmm maybe the regulator. I’ll double check the tubes but I looked in before I assembled and thought they looked pretty clear. Brushed the exterior pretty well with a wire cup and all the perforations were clear.
So after buying a new regulator to replace the old one I was using the middle and front gas tubes still will not stay lit when on "low".

To date, this is what I have done in terms of cleaning the gas tubes and manifold:
  • Wire wheel cleaned all 3 gas tubes. There was no significant source of rust just general surface rust. All tube perforations are clear.
  • Blew out the gas tubes with compressed air. A little bit of dust blew out initially but I assume that is from when I wire wheeled everything. Looking inside the tubes there does not appear to be any buildup or rust inside.
  • Disassembled and cleaned the manifold valves. Note - I did not remove each assembly from the steel manifold tube, I only unscrewed and disassembled everything, cleaned with a q-tip and brake cleaner, and relubricated the valve assembly. I also unscrewed the gas cap (? not sure if this is the correct term) to check for blockages but everything was clear.
  • Adjusted the gas tube airflow coers. I tried more open and less open, but nothing appears to allow the front and center burner to stay lit on the "low" setting.
I am using full tank of gas.

Outside of fully unthreading and removing the valve assemblies from the steel manifold, is there anything else I am missing?

So basically playing with the air shutters will not change the gas flow or amount It only changes the fuel to air ratio. But the amount of gas does not change. Check for corrosion or dirt buildup INSIDE the orifices. To do this you need to remove the orifices from the valves (simply unscrew) and check for debris and corrosion. Clean thoroughly and try again

So basically playing with the air shutters will not change the gas flow or amount It only changes the fuel to air ratio. But the amount of gas does not change. Check for corrosion or dirt buildup INSIDE the orifices. To do this you need to remove the orifices from the valves (simply unscrew) and check for debris and corrosion. Clean thoroughly and try again
I agree with Larry. It sounds like you've eliminated the other possibilities. You must have a blockage in the manifold somewhere. Check the holes in the orifices after removing and use your compressed air inside the manifold to loosen up any debris that may be stuck in there.

Back