Weber Cookbook Recipe Index

Wow. This is an awesome resource. I have many of the books but sometimes I find myself going through all of them to find a specific recipe. Now I will let CTRL + F do the walking....

Big thanks to Jim and Chris! :D

Merry Christmas!

I tried this one tonight. You know it's good when the 4 year old picky eater grandson turns around and says he LOVES this chicken! SWMBO said it's the best poultry recipe I've ever done! Thanks for such a great resource!

Last edited:
I am glad to hear the index is getting used.

There are so many great recipes from Weber and Jamie Purviance that I needed a way to find them. It's good to know I wasn't alone.

This is so cool. I Thought I was the only one going through 4 Weber books looking for a recipe! Thanks guys for putting the time into this!

Chris.

I am making progress on an update to the index. I may finish it this Summer.

That Burger book still gives me problems, but the others were scanable to PDF and conversion to OCR makes adding them easy.

Jim

I shipped off the latest spreadsheet to Chris. You should see it posted here soon.

I added Weber's Big Book of Burgers, Weber's New American Barbecue, and Weber's Greatest Hits. I also did some housekeeping, eliminating the online sources, since every hyperlink I tried was broken, and cleaning up some of the filter categories.

In addition to the dead-tree editions, I have obtained the Kindle versions of many of these books when they are offered cheap on Amazon. I really like using my tablet for recipes. If you'd like to fill in gaps in the books you own, keep an eye on the Buy, Sell, Trade forum. Someone usually will post when the deals are available.

As always, if you find errors or have suggested improvements I am happy to hear them.

I am glad that I finally got this done. Thanks to Chris for the nudge.

Jim

p.s. My 2,000th post here in just under 12 years. Some of us are a bit slow.

Last edited:
Latest version has been uploaded and is now available. Thanks to Jim for doing this, I know a lot of people find it very useful!

Now let's hope that Weber doesn't come out with any more cookbooks... :D

I have just downloaded it.
THANKS

I bought most of the books when the kindle versions were discounted :eek:

Colin,

I've included the recipes available at Weber.com in the index, including hyperlinks. There must be close to 250 by now. You can filter the index by recipe source to show just those recipes.

Jim

Nice resource.

I don't see any hyperlinks in the spreadsheet. I must be sorting on the wrong column or something.

Nice resource.

I don't see any hyperlinks in the spreadsheet. I must be sorting on the wrong column or something.

They're not there anymore. In his 07-29-2017 update, JRPfeff says, "I also did some housekeeping, eliminating the online sources, since every hyperlink I tried was broken,"

Back