Weber Charcoal at $3.90/bag

I picked up a dozen more bags this morning, thanks to brickseek. I checked afterwards and the store's inventory declined by the amount I bought so generally brickseek is very accurate. I think the stores near me that sold out early did so because they had it on a pallet right at the entrance where people saw it when they came in the front door. this store had it on the barbecue aisle .they still had basically a whole pallet left.

Brickseek is now showing the store near me still has 51 still in stock. I went down the barbecue Isle when I was there yesterday to find what I did. I did ask an employee if there was more in another location and they told me no, but I'm thinking they were wrong since brick seek is still showing so much inventory.

HD.com search is wrong on this. That happens when an item goes to clearance. It told me that there was none within 100 miles of Louisville either. BS told me otherwise.

https://brickseek.com/home-depot-inventory-checker/?sku=300620528

Midwest City #3911
1600 S Sooner Road
Midwest City OK 73110
(3 Miles Away)
Google Maps
Apple Maps
In Stock
On Hand Qty: 12
Saleable Qty: 11
Clearance

N Oklahoma City #3902
3040 Nw 59th Street
Oklahoma City OK 73112
(7 Miles Away)
Google Maps
Apple Maps
In Stock
On Hand Qty: 17
Saleable Qty: 16

Thanks Dave !!

I just got 10 bags at the Midwest City location. Would've bough more if I had a place to store it.

And they had more than the 12 this shows as " on hand " , at least another 10 bags.

For the mid Michigan folks..i bought the last four bags at HD in Lansing yesterday (bags taped up and pretty beat). But checked brickseek and called store to confirm Home Depot in Howell had 78 bags. Drove the 30 miles one way and picked up a half dozen more bags (all in great shape) As touched upon in this thread, I have a feeling Weber charcoal may not be around like it has been. The three Targets in this area did not even carry it this past grilling season. I don't use charcoal as much as most of the people here but I did see a difference in the Weber product compared to other brands. Anyway you cut it you can't go wrong for under 4 bucks a bag no matter what you compare it to.

I picked up about 14 bags Saturday and went back yesterday and grabbed about 5 more in South Fulton. They had a few bags in the BBQ aisle that were overpriced at $15.99, but in the garden section they had a large pallet of weber charcoal for $3.90. I keep thinking, I need to get more.

I grabbed 10 the other day from one location, and another 4 yesterday from the one across town. In addition to what I already have, I should be good for a long while!

Happy hunting everyone!

Guys, if you have the room and can swing it, grab what you can now at this price as you likely won't see it this low again. From what I understand, Weber will continue to make/sell it, but it will pretty much be in boutique/specialty stores, kind of like BGE lump. Home Depot isn't going to carry it anymore, they are deleting the sku. That's why they are blowing it out at this price. Note: This IS NOT a normal "end of season clearance" sale that will repeat itself next year. Same thing happened at Target back in 2017, and as Michael Alex noted, Target no longer carries it.

Note: This IS NOT a normal "end of season clearance" sale that will repeat itself next year. Same thing happened at Target back in 2017, and as Michael Alex noted, Target no longer carries it.

I still have about 6 bags that I got from Target back then. I have been saving them for special cooks. Now I have enough Weber to use it more regularly.

Guys, if you have the room and can swing it, grab what you can now at this price as you likely won't see it this low again. From what I understand, Weber will continue to make/sell it, but it will pretty much be in boutique/specialty stores, kind of like BGE lump. Home Depot isn't going to carry it anymore, they are deleting the sku. That's why they are blowing it out at this price. Note: This IS NOT a normal "end of season clearance" sale that will repeat itself next year. Same thing happened at Target back in 2017, and as Michael Alex noted, Target no longer carries it.

My fun money is running a little low at the moment but because it is a good deal I decided to pick up a little more at a Home Depot by my work because brickseek said they have 22 bags left. I grabbed 10 of those bags and checked again. Brickseek at this location seems to be far more accurate because after I left it said they have 12 bags and that looked to be about right. With today's purchase plus the other day when I picked up five and including the Kingsford that I still have from the last time it went on sale I currently have over 400 pounds of charcoal. I think I'm okay and don't need to worry about it for a minute.

Dave thank you also yes the brickseek is way more accurate I was doing a HD search with stores within 100 miles in GA near my location nothing. Saw the post this morning did a brickseek search found a store on my way home that said 42 bags and sure enough when I got there about what they had. Bought 8 bags together with my other stock on deals got about 240 pounds between the KB and Weber should take me awhile. Would have bought more but the wife giving me the evil eye. ;)

Last edited:
I told my Wife about this and she started calculating the savings at 67 bags $4 vs $20. If you look at it like that then it could be said over $1000 dollars was saved.

What a good wife you have mine since she knows HD during the holidays does the double KB for under 10 bucks would have said so you were going to spend 20 bucks a bag. I just sold it on hey its under 4 bucks a bag got the room in the garage and did point out the bags are lined with plastic so no issues with the charcoal getting wet or anything.

I was lucky. Was at HD store Saturday morning because of other stuff. But I walked in just when the fork lift driver dropped off a pallet. I grabbed 10 bags and so did another guy. The few they had left were gone within minutes. Now no more within a 100 mile radius. I have never used them before but they smell a lot better than the Kingsford. There is too much mineral coal in the Kingsford charcoal. It smells more like a mineral coal powered steam engine but not like a grill.
But my local HD also had the Weber cover (#7152) for the performer on sale. 30% off. Not a huge deal but not bad.

Last edited:
She is good. But she also knows I didn't buy that much. That may have been a different story. :)

I checked Lowes web site for prices, there is only 1 store anywhere around here with it in stock- 1 bag.
Makes me wonder if they will no longer carry as well.

25 bags here. My wife is outta town until Friday. Gonna have to face the music when she gets home.

I just told my wife, I bought 10 bags, and it was $200, she got annoyed for 10 seconds, then I said actually it was $40 and saved $160, and Ill be good for a while...she then claimed the $160 for herself...lol

Back