Weber #9930 Grates

In case anyone's interested in which wire wheels hold up the best between the ones from Lowe's and the ones from Home Depot. I'm stocking up.

I typically go to Lowe's by my house for anything hardware store related but I'm going out of my way to Home Depot because the wire wheel attachments for my dewalt impact that I use to clean grills are not all created equal. This I found after buying several from both places. They come in a similar variety pack for a similar price. The Ryobi ones from Home Depot hold up much better and last longer than the Norton ones from Lowe's. They both work fine but you'll get more life out of the Ryobi ones from Home Depot. Just in case anyone's interested.

View attachment 99866

View attachment 99867View attachment 99868
That's funny, all of my tools are Ryobi but I've never bought their wire wheels before. I'll get them next time, the ones I have do wear down fairly quickly on grill stuff.

I was wondering where you were finding the hex shanked wheels.

I'm planning a trip up to Harbor Freight to pick up these ----

I've got two 1.5" cup wheels that just aren't cutting it for cleaning my grates --- I need a bigger non-cupped wheel to make it easier I'm guessing..... And one for the grinder should make quick work of it --- I've got a variable speed grinder so I can dial it back to make it 'safer'. It looks like even tho the wires are 'golden' they are still steel wires --- I thought you were running brass brushes.

I was wondering where you were finding the hex shanked wheels.

I'm planning a trip up to Harbor Freight to pick up these ----

I've got two 1.5" cup wheels that just aren't cutting it for cleaning my grates --- I need a bigger non-cupped wheel to make it easier I'm guessing..... And one for the grinder should make quick work of it --- I've got a variable speed grinder so I can dial it back to make it 'safer'. It looks like even tho the wires are 'golden' they are still steel wires --- I thought you were running brass brushes.
Looks great! Those should work out just fine

do you use a vice? I tried many different ways to hold them and felt like a total idiot when I looked at the vice! 🤣 Only way to do them!
A vice and a bench grinder are two luxuries I do not have but I'm considering. I don't have any problems doing them without but I could see that they would be beneficial.

Guys if you rehab grills, seriously, really seriously consider picking up one of these. You can find them for under $100 on the sale sites used.
These are a game changer with grill rehabbing.

They are great for holding stuff when grinding, pressure washing, welding, whatever. perfect for burner tubes, flavo bars, grates and any other grill parts you need to grind or work on. They have hard rubber jaws so you don't damage parts and the clamp is foot operated so you don't have to spin a vice handle to tighten stuff.

If you’re going to continue rehabs, both are wise investments! Personally vise first.
I have used both since I could walk and definitely see the benefits. I don't have a large work shop so I really have to justify anything that takes up space. I'm still considering but its not really a necessity. I know they are nice to have but I also know I can do just as good of a restoration without and that's kinda what it boils down to. I have tons of clamps and can easily clamp anything of any size down if I needed to and between my grinder and my impact I'm pretty covered. I would use a bench grinder and vice but not often enough to justify at this point.

Grab it they are very hard to find. It should clean up nicely. You can always find a similar Genesis for the bottom panel and side panels if needed The SS frame is worth the price.
Not really my style but I know others here like them. Genesis 1000 is my sweet spot. I mostly restore x000 and Jr. Grills for myself and most of my flips are on the newer side.

If I had a good supply of newer grills for good prices, I would probably concentrate on them too.

Back