Weber #9930 Grates

You gotta love it when guys halfway across the country are looking for grills for you to pick up and rehab😉
I'm always open to suggestions but I like what I like and I know what I like. Not based on what anyone else likes. Not sure If that makes sense. I still very much appreciate and enjoy seeing all different kinds of restorations by others. I love seeing other peoples work on all types of grills especially with high level craftsmanship.

I'm always open to suggestions but I like what I like and I know what I like. Not based on what anyone else likes. Not sure If that makes sense. I still very much appreciate and enjoy seeing all different kinds of restorations by others. I love seeing other peoples work on all types of grills especially with high level craftsmanship.
Yes, makes perfect sense. I really enjoy seeing other people's work no matter what type of grill it is. I think I still learn new things hanging out here and like sharing what I've learned so far.

I think I would really like that post mount that comes with that grinder. Mine takes up a lot of space on a table in my little shop. That post setup would also make it easier to work on some more challenging parts with wider access vs. mine sitting on a table that gets in the way.

That belt sander attachment that Mark posted earlier, is an awesome tool. My dad has one, and you would be surprised how many not grill related things you use it for. It's especially nice for sharpening lawn mower blades!

I had a Wen Grinder with that Wen stand (4288T). I put locking casters on the stand so I could roll it around. It was a nice setup until I sold it.

That belt sander attachment that Mark posted earlier, is an awesome tool. My dad has one, and you would be surprised how many not grill related things you use it for. It's especially nice for sharpening lawn mower blades!
There's a free one available by me I just don't have space for all the extra stuff

Jon, they make some good stands for things like bench grinders that are not too expensive. Here is just a few. I have one like the one on the right.

View attachment 99927
Good tip! I need to see how I could adapt one. The one you have is way more stable and flexible to take outside. The one on the left (like what came with the one Josh posted) gives maximum room for buffing long or awkward parts. It would have to be screwed into a base or directly to my shop floor.

The post style could fasten to a wood platform maybe. But, the one I use is indeed stable. I wonder if you could fashion an adapter between the grinder and top of the 4 leg one that would raise the grinder up 3-5" to make it more accessible like the post mount.

Back