Weber #9930 Grates

Thanks for the nice comment. I am a bit of a weber nut and love the sidewinders with the deep fire box and 2 layers of flav bars the best. I have a newer E-330 and it doesn't even compare as far as cooking goes. Pictured are a few of the grills I have restored and kept. the redhead 3000 with side burner was my first Weber that has been restored and would never sell. Pictured before I restored is a Genesis Platinum that I have restored, been looking for a good one for years and finally found it. All stainless frame hard to argue with that. Love the Kettle's as well. I have restored countless Weber Genesis grills, to many to picture for family and friends basically just for the cost of new parts that the grills needed. All say they will never own a grill other than Webber. BTW my preference for grates is Cast Iron. I may at some point try to convert my Summit Platinum D6 to Cast Iron Grates. Cheers to all you WEBER NUTS.20230916_183532 (1).jpgMine after 1.jpgCraigs list Genesis Platinum 1 before 5-11-2023.jpgMy Summit Platinum D6 after 1.jpgMy Summit Platinum D6 after 4.jpgMy Summit Platinum D6 after 5.jpgMine 1.jpgAfter My Genesis Silver A LP $50.00 Alaquipa (7).jpgOwen 1.jpgMy Weber first generation performer after 1.jpgMy Weber first generation performer after 2.jpg

Attachments

• Mine for work after 1.jpg
    Mine for work after 1.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for the nice comment. I am a bit of a weber nut and love the sidewinders with the deep fire box and 2 layers of flav bars the best. I have a newer E-330 and it doesn't even compare as far as cooking goes. Pictured are a few of the grills I have restored and kept. the redhead 3000 with side burner was my first Weber that has been restored and would never sell. Pictured before I restored is a Genesis Platinum that I have restored, been looking for a good one for years and finally found it. All stainless frame hard to argue with that. Love the Kettle's as well. I have restored countless Weber Genesis grills, to many to picture for family and friends basically just for the cost of new parts that the grills needed. All say they will never own a grill other than Webber. BTW my preference for grates is Cast Iron. I may at some point try to convert my Summit Platinum D6 to Cast Iron Grates. Cheers to all you WEBER NUTS.View attachment 99756View attachment 99757View attachment 99758View attachment 99759View attachment 99760View attachment 99761View attachment 99763View attachment 99764View attachment 99765View attachment 99766View attachment 99767
Welcome to TVWBB
You have some nice grills!👌🏼
Sounds like you have used and worked on and owned several Webers.
I have also and I would be curious to why you prefer cast iron grates?

Thanks for the nice comment. I am a bit of a weber nut and love the sidewinders with the deep fire box and 2 layers of flav bars the best. I have a newer E-330 and it doesn't even compare as far as cooking goes. Pictured are a few of the grills I have restored and kept. the redhead 3000 with side burner was my first Weber that has been restored and would never sell. Pictured before I restored is a Genesis Platinum that I have restored, been looking for a good one for years and finally found it. All stainless frame hard to argue with that. Love the Kettle's as well. I have restored countless Weber Genesis grills, to many to picture for family and friends basically just for the cost of new parts that the grills needed. All say they will never own a grill other than Webber. BTW my preference for grates is Cast Iron. I may at some point try to convert my Summit Platinum D6 to Cast Iron Grates. Cheers to all you WEBER NUTS.View attachment 99757
This one is a real beauty!

Welcome to TVWBB
You have some nice grills!👌🏼
Sounds like you have used and worked on and owned several Webers.
I have also and I would be curious to why you prefer cast iron grates?
Josh,
I have used both SS and Cast. In my humble opinion I think Cast retains heat better and definitely gives better sear marks and if maintained properly has a better non stick surface. it is harder to maintain than SS but I think its worth it.

Josh,
I have used both SS and Cast. In my humble opinion I think Cast retains heat better and definitely gives better sear marks and if maintained properly has a better non stick surface. it is harder to maintain than SS but I think its worth it.
Okay thank you for sharing I was just curious

Albert, WELCOME to TVWBB!

I am sure we would enjoy sharing ideas with you as your skills and interests are right at home on this board. You have some really stunning grills (y) .
I love the wood slat ones, but I was also glad you showed off your Platinum Summit in action:coolkettle:. I know some others here would love to get your comments on cooking with it and what issues, if any, you have had with the rust-prone firebox front.

I have recently been posting here to convince some lucky finders of Summit Platinums to give them a second chance rather than just parting out. Just my opinion, of course, but since you have an obviously well working one, your comments would be especially helpful.

Welcome Albert. That is a nice group of grills. I like that you have many different style and models of weber grills. I am curious what the inside of the cabinet on the Stainless Steel Platinum Genesis looks like.

I have recently been posting here to convince some lucky finders of Summit Platinums to give them a second chance rather than just parting out. Just my opinion, of course, but since you have an obviously well working one, your comments would be especially helpful.

If I find a freebie summit, I would consider a restoration!

Albert, WELCOME to TVWBB!

I am sure we would enjoy sharing ideas with you as your skills and interests are right at home on this board. You have some really stunning grills (y) .
I love the wood slat ones, but I was also glad you showed off your Platinum Summit in action:coolkettle:. I know some others here would love to get your comments on cooking with it and what issues, if any, you have had with the rust-prone firebox front.

Jon,

Thanks for the nice comments.

Regarding the Summit Platinum D6, the fire box has very minimal rust and I agree that it is an issue with all the Summits. The other problem with all the Platinum SS lids including the Genesis models is the inner liner of the lid corrodes and the spot welds detach from the outer lid. Luckily I got a new SS lids under warranty from Weber some years back for my Summit Platinum D6 and my Platinum Genesis. The fire box for the Summit was not available, but it is not bad as stated. Weber's warranty service is second to none. So if you find a Summit Platinum inspect the lid an fire box and the Platinum Genesis inspect the lid.

Also on all the Genesis grills the fire boxes can get warped from overheating check the front lip with a straight edge. I found more than one that had that problem, the cooking grates will not stay in place from the warpage they will fall into the grill.
The frames also tend to rust out on the left side were the fire box bolts to the frame not a problem on the Platinum Genesis SS frame if your lucky enough to find a good on, but the side and bottom panels are not SS they are painted and get rusty so look for that as well. . If you find these problems then its probably not worth restoring keep looking for a better candidate, maybe good for parts if its cheap or free or especially if its a Platinum Genesis SS frame. I've learned these issues from restoring these grills.

The Summit D6 is really to big for me now but I still us it and love it. In fact its so big I wish Weber would have included another smoke box and smoke box burner on the right hand side. When I load the grill up I use a perforated SS smoke tube on the right side to supplement.
The D6's rear rotisserie burner is also fantastic but if you have one and don't use it regularly at least fire it up once and a while to burn of regular grilling residue from every day cooking, it will get quite dirty and burning it off cleans it very well.

My go to every day grills are my Redhead Genesis and First Generation Performer kettle, they both cook fabulously. I love the old school look of the First Generation Performer kettle how the square frame matches up with the Redhead Genesis square frame (I affectionately call it the black tuxedo kettle). Just wish I could find a good Redhead kettle to match my Redhead Genesis. Very hard to find a good Redhead kettle or Redhead Genesis were the porcelain is not all chipped and banged up. If you can find a nice First generation Performer kettle any color I highly recommend getting it they are built like a tank.

My best recommendation is with all Weber grills is keep them clean and covered, they will probably out you as long as Weber and After Market still keep making consumable parts, burners, grates, flav bars, ignitors and so on.

Thank God I have an understanding Wife and family that loves my cooking.
I've lost count of all the grills I own including: 2 Camp Chef pellet grill, Black Stone flat top, Oklahoma Joe offset Smoker, Master Built electric smoker, 2 Kamados, 4 Weber Kettles, 5 Weber gas grills, I'm sure there's more I lost count already. I try to use them all in rotation and have them at different locations, home, work and our summer fishing camp so I'm not totally nuts, am I ?

If your grill is in descent condition don't through it out restore it especially if its a Weber.

Happy grilling.

Last edited:
Just finished cleaning up these stamped stainless grates. They turned out pretty good. This is probably my nicest stamped stainless set so far.

View attachment 99824

Josh,
I did not know you can bring those back to life. I have been wasteful and throwing them away if I could not clean them with Dawn and Simple Green. I never knew you could get them looking that good.
Thanks for the tip!

Back