vortex questions

Scott M.

TVWBB Fan
Thinking about getting one of these. In addition to the usual uses, I was thinking it might be handy at firing a 20 inch round bottom wok that I have. I saw a thread here where someone listed dimensions, but I wasn't sure if that was small or medium.
My grill is a 22.5 performer deluxe. My concern is that if the vortex comes all the way to the grill surface, my wok will obstruct the flow from the top of the vortex. Not sure if small size is adequate for my grill. Any thoughts/experiences?

I'm definitely wanting to get one. I'm trying to find decent shipping. I'm probably going for the medium for my 22.5. I have no idea about a wok.

The medium is the recommended size for the Weber 22" Kettle. Got mine a while back and don't remember getting too much information with it.

The Vortex is a great addition to any kettle grill or ceramic cooker. I taught a backyard grilling class this past weekend and used the Vortex in a large Big Green Egg to cook chicken wings. The students loved them and you will too. It's a must-have accessory!

I can't seem to find the dimensions on any size of the vortex. Can somebody give me the dimensions of the medium size? Thanks.

Here ya go Matt.

The Vortex is a stainless steel cone that is about 5" in height, 8" in diameter on one side, and 12" in diameter on the other.

Back