Video: Burnt Legend - The Story of Burnt Ends

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Great video about the history and preparation of burnt ends in Kansas City. I guarantee you'll want a burnt end sandwich by the time you get to the end of the video!

Down here in Central Texas, burnt ends aren't on every menu, but you can usually ask and get them -- kind of an off-menu item. At The Salt Lick, they're pretty damn good.

Jeff

Oh Yeah! Thanks Chris, great video, time for me to get that brisket out of the freezer and make me some burnt ends.

Of the many comp briskets I have had the honor of tasting, only a very few have delivered true burnt ends. The rest may have been excellent cubed brisket point, but not burnt ends. Earlier this month, one of those very few and far between moments did occur. It was a 'melt in your mouth' experience.

Finally a good video on the subject. Way back before I discovered this forum, I used to "hang out" at Man Cave Meals, and he had several excellent videos, one was on this very subject and I never got around to doing this before he took down all his videos (he went corporate) Burnt Ends has always interested me, but whenever I get a Brisket, I always chicken out and end up curing it for Pastrami

Back