Two Butts for a Family Reunion

Russell McNeely

TVWBB Wizard
Have a family reunion to go to this weekend and needed to bring something for "pot luck." Yeah you know I'm bringing some BBQ :wsm:

Getting the WSM ready for action

Made up a rub - Weber style! This worked really well for me to pour the rub right into an empty seasoning bottle.

Rubbed and ready

The morning after

Hog Heaven

After pulling, I sprinkled the pork with some rub and adding a finishing sauce. I'm going to try taking it in a large crock pot that has a "warm" setting to use for serving.

Thanks for looking!

Great looking bark on both butts! I've never tried applying a little rub after pulling, I may have to in the future. Something tells me your crock pot is going to be pretty popular when it comes time to eat!!
Again, great job,
Tim

Hog heaven that is! Have fun at the reunion. I like that Weber Style. I usually do the funnel balancing thing when transferring rubs from mixing bowl to the shakers and then spend 10 minutes cleaning up the counter.

I like that Weber Style. I usually do the funnel balancing thing when transferring rubs from mixing bowl to the shakers and then spend 10 minutes cleaning up the counter.

Me too! I had a large "economy size" bottle of Lawry's seasoned salt the was empty and was able to pour it right it with the weber style bowl.

Thanks all. Just FYI - the crockpot worked great for serving the meat in. Just put a little apple juice in the bottom and turned it on warm. Kept it warm yet moist for hours at the reunion. And yes the PP was a big hit.

Back