Tri tip taco bowls

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Grilled up a Tri tip on the Baby Q. Somehow I forgot to take photos. Nothing big or fancy just the typical Tri tip cook with SPOG.

I wanted to refine the tortilla bowl making that I’ve posted here before. The original post you brush olive oil (or veg oil) and aeason both sides of the tortillas. Then you wrap your tortilla over a small inverted bowl or ramekin. Cover with a double layer of foil. Place right side up on a baking sheet and bake in a 350°f oven for 5 minutes. Remove the bowl and bake for another 8-10.
Trying to remove the hot bowl/ramekin is a pain. Also we only have one bowl that works well. I wanted to try with out the bowl. You know what it worked. Once you wrap and shape with the foil, Pull off the bowl and place the foil wrapped tortilla right side up on the baking sheet. Bake until almost crisp. I forgot to take a photo of the bowls ready to bake. Did three flour and three wheat.
Last two nights we’ve had Tri tip tortilla bowls! Yum!
C7EE7F73-E25B-4926-9711-3CA429278919.jpeg

7C7ADEDC-EC25-428B-A668-30319E39033F.jpeg

193D5448-5252-4667-8E76-E573FBD5FF02.jpeg

90028FB2-E323-463A-9A06-06E973F35B55.jpeg

We are taco nuts at home.....this is next level and I may try and duplicate this somewhat.......
Keep posting Case, they are inspiring for sure.

Nice cook Case. Never thought of making homemade tortilla bowls, I usually take the easy way out and make burritos.

This is happening next time taco are around.
Unless it is the el pastor tacos I have been getting things for.
Love love love el pastor taco's but they don't get all the love you put in your bowl.

I love your cooks, Case. Nailed it again.

Are those burrito sized tortillas?
No these were 10”. We have used the larger tortillas though. We’ve even used the flavored “wrap” tortillas. just need a bigger bowl to shape around.

Corn tortillas work too. With the corn I like to nuke them for 20-30 seconds. Makes them pliable so wrapping is easier.

Using you taco bowl skills Case.....much appreciated and the hype at my house is through the roof because of these bowls.
Have a flank steak vac packed in the fridge for tomorrow night. 2 of us and it's 1 pound, the smallest one I could get my hands on.
Possibly making my own roasted veg for salsa if the one we made 2 weeks ago isn't keeping....
Roasted veg and making salsa takes making stellar taco's to the next level.
I may just post a few pics here if you didn't mind or I can make a recent cooks thread as I have a lot of good pics of recent cooks I haven't shared at all.

Back