Tri-Tip experiment

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I did a little experiment today with my tri tip...So here we go,

Trimmed and made it look nice...
1373940482.jpg

Then I injected with beef broth and sprinkled onion and garlic powder and black peeper.
1373940484.jpg

Then I did the grill mates marinade...I let it get happy for 5 hours.
1373940466.jpg

On the performer it goes with orange wood.
1373940472.jpg

Once it hit 120 I did the quick sear on both sides.
1373940478.jpg

Grilled some onions also..
1373940484-1.jpg

Plated with rice and buttered corn
1373940642.jpg

I will be totally honest...
This was the best tri tip I have ever had. It was very moist and flavorful. You guys have to try this..
Thank for looking everyone.

Mmmmmm...edible experiments. I need to freelance grill more often. Tasty looking food as usual, Tony.

Man sure looks great, bty: I think I saw Elvis in one of the onions. Hoped you saved it to sell on ebay.

Looks great Tony. Injection, "rub", then marinade. Lots of flavor going on there.

Superb looking tri tip Tony!

I have one rubbed and in the fridge for tonight, hope it turns out nearly as well as yours!

Tony, that looks and sounds great - I have a 2-pounder in the freezer - I'll give your technique a try...

Regards,

Rooster

Outstanding looking tri-tip! I didn't have lunch, and I sure as heck wish I had a couple of slices of that right about now...lol.

It's absolutely amazing the difference doing a reverse sear on meat makes in moisture retention and tenderness. All my hot-grill meats are done on a reverse sear nowadays, and the difference is quite profound.

Great-looking tri-tip, again!

Back