Traeger would you add one to your fleet?

That is a lot of fuel and high priced. As far as buying one why not if you want it get it. That is what outdoor cooking is all about using different tools to learn different things, a person is allowed to own things other than Weber.
Heck it maybe be alot better at certain types of cooking than what you already own.
Buy learn enjoy.

Reggie,
I say go for it. My dad has had a traeger for 15 years. Since they first came out. This last winter I just replaced the starting/lighting probe. It has been a very excellent unit.
At 84 years old my dad is too old to mess with charcoal grills. It works perfectly for him. And they actually do burn WOODPELLETS. I have also seen charcoal pellets.
When my wife & I are up at his house we enjoy cooking burgers, chicken, steaks, brats & all come out excellent. As far as the units construction it has held up very well after all
of these years of use. Remember some people are just haters. Good luck

Well the important part is you have the options out there no mater what you prefer as your method of grilling or smoking. That you do get out and enjoy some outdoor cooking whether just you or your family or family and friends is what's important. What you use isn't important as long as you enjoy being out there making some great chow and it works for you.

That is a lot of fuel and high priced. As far as buying one why not if you want it get it. That is what outdoor cooking is all about using different tools to learn different things, a person is allowed to own things other than Weber.
Heck it maybe be alot better at certain types of cooking than what you already own.
Buy learn enjoy.
WHAT??!!??!! Say It Ain't So Joe! Say It Ain't So....

and i'm guessin' i'm sounding like a "hater"
whatever.

Last edited:
Anyone think Weber will ever go there?? Meaning a pellet grill?

I'm seeing a lot moref Traegers, they are a very successful brand. I'm sure Weber is watching that trend. With their production in China now the start up costs would be much less. Might add a new dimension to their line up .Looking at the genesis II it might be pretty easy to make the change in the new chassis.

I'm seeing a lot moref Traegers, they are a very successful brand. I'm sure Weber is watching that trend. With their production in China now the start up costs would be much less. Might add a new dimension to their line up .Looking at the genesis II it might be pretty easy to make the change in the new chassis.

It's gotta be coming.

I have some extra first gen genesis with the 13 flavor bars I have threatened to throw my pellet hopper on. One of these days it might happen

I get just over an hour/lb in my WSM. I've heard an hour/lb for pellet poopers. At the sales I pay $.25/lb for KBB. Pellets around $1/lb? Maybe less, but still way more for fuel, and my WSM is as close to set and forget as they come.

Still like a pooper if I got a steal.

Back