This was put out for the taking.

Andy Rue

I was running some errands and saw this sitting in front of a house. It appeared to be up for grabs, but I knocked on the door to be sure. I confirmed it was free, and then loaded it up. Pretty sure it's a Genesis 3000, all wood slats present and in decent condition. Needs cleaning, a knob, and some flavorizer bars. Pretty stoked on the free redhead.IMG_6290.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome! I hope you can do a really nice restore and give that deserving grill another 20+ years of life:redgenesis1:! We are looking forward to closeup pictures and as you are working on it:coolkettle:.

Side burner and dual slide rail flip tables. That is a beauty. Great find. Keep us posted on the rehab progress. If you have any questions or need advice, just ask. There is a lot of people with lots of advice to give..... I won't say it will all be good advice, but we like to give it anyway.

Nice find. Well some people just don’t want to deal with the hassle of selling stuff. I scored a few free ones too in the past from Silver B over Silver C to Platinum B.

Thanks for all the comments and offers of support, I really appreciate it. This forum helped a ton with my other restoration, which I posted here last year. This grill is in better condition, and it shouldn't be too hard to get it looking like new again.

Yah, the bigger metro areas are the best source for rehab candidates for sure. When the biggest town over 5,000 people is 50 miles from you, it makes it tough to beat others to the "Curb Alerts".

I had to pass on a very nice FREE 5000. I just could not make the 60 mile round trip that quickly. So oh well........................I sure hope someone here got it

It was in Woodstock IL. We used to live there. I was in the middle of a plumbing project and just could not take the time.

I had to pass on a very nice FREE 5000. I just could not make the 60 mile round trip that quickly. So oh well........................I sure hope someone here got it

Oh damn! I would love to see one of those in person. They seem to be pretty rare.

Back