This old Weber chimney

EricV.

TVWBB Wizard
My Weber chimney is on its last leg but I refuse to surrender it. Although I have a brand new one waiting to take its place, I just can’t bring myself to part with it. I feel like there maybe a few more fires left it in it. It kind of reminds me of this old Seinfeld episode.

Attachments

• IMG_3364.JPG
    IMG_3364.JPG
    346.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3344.JPG
    IMG_3344.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 54
My Weber chimney is on its last leg but I refuse to surrender it. Although I have a brand new one waiting to take its place, I just can’t bring myself to part with it. I feel like there maybe a few more fires left it in it. It kind of reminds me of this old Seinfeld episode.

Mine that I purchased in 1998 is still going strong. Yours appears to have been subject to some serious abuse. Seek help my dear friend before it's too late.

Don't let it go. I have my original that is tearing apart from the top. I have a new one right next to it (a couple uses), but refuse to revert to it until my original falls apart. I think it has another year or two in it.

Dayuum ........ and I thought I was running mine with the burnt out holes on the side too long. I think you've got your money's worth out of that, how many years did it take ?

Everytime I use mine, when its full of lit coals and I pick it up to dump, I worry about it completely falling apart and coals go everywhere.

Don't let it go. I have my original that is tearing apart from the top. I have a new one right next to it (a couple uses), but refuse to revert to it until my original falls apart. I think it has another year or two in it.
Duct tape is usually my friend, but not so on this. I'm still looking around the house for other options, lol!

Dayuum ........ and I thought I was running mine with the burnt out holes on the side too long. I think you've got your money's worth out of that, how many years did it take ?

Everytime I use mine, when its full of lit coals and I pick it up to dump, I worry about it completely falling apart and coals go everywhere.
I've had it +10 years, however it's gotton caught in some rain during that time.

Mine have gotten caught in rain and this,
122C8DD9-2B2E-4A4C-BBA6-8B0A673B7A81.jpeg
That’s actually my backup “Char Broil” chimney showing, the Weber one is under the “left hand” kettle. In use BTW.
Looking at it, I think this was “morning after”. We had a lot of snow last year in a short stretch.

Eric, I still reuse plastic baggies, combine old soap bars with new, revel in getting a hangar with new khaki shorts, enjoy new rubber bands with asparagus. You get the picture I'm sure. You my friend may need help.

Maybe Chris could do a public service by arranging for a TVWBB member rate for therapy sessions with Dr. Rick. Serious issues on here.

Back