Thinking of swapping out the Performer to a 26”

Paul Shin

I’ve had my 22” Performer Deluxe for several years. Awesome grill. Grilled on it, smoked on it, etc. I’ve got a SnS which has been great as well. I had no desire to get another grill, smoker, trager.
Then I came upon a 26” kettle. The cooking capacity. We have our extended family over fairly regularly, which means cooking for 10+ people. It’s doable with the Performer but I wouldn’t complain if I had a bit more cooking space.

I would jump head first for a 26” but I don’t know if I can do without the wonderful table. It’s so useful, especially for storing charcoal in the bin, and all supplies under the grill.

Anyone make the switch and regret it?

Yeah, what Mike said, must you cast aside the old faithful performer?
And, I second building the apartment complex with the rotisserie ring, it’s pretty easy. I just put some 1/4x20 studs through near the top of the ring and put the GBS grate on top. That lets you lift the center section and access the lower floor. To be fair, I don’t use the condominium set up very often but, it’s an option for extra real estate.

Yeah, what Mike said, must you cast aside the old faithful performer?
And, I second building the apartment complex with the rotisserie ring, it’s pretty easy. I just put some 1/4x20 studs through near the top of the ring and put the GBS grate on top. That lets you lift the center section and access the lower floor. To be fair, I don’t use the condominium set up very often but, it’s an option for extra real estate.
Sounds like a pain, get the 26 and keep the performer.

Unfortunately, wife will not let me keep both. I’ve already got a flat top grill taking up space on the patio. Adding yet another grill would be a no go.

How does the rotisserie ring double the capacity? I’m having trouble picturing it. Is it just a second grate on top that is more for warming than cooking?
(Ok, I see. Like this guy’s: https://tvwbb.com/threads/what-an-18-kettle-can-do.86129/)

Also, I do have a small Smokey Joe and Go Anywhere, for times that I cook for my family of 4 on camp outs. I suppose I could use that instead of the 26 if I were just cooking for the family.
I also found a nice storage table that may work with the 26.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HJATSC4/?tag=tvwb-20

Last edited:
I like the side table, good choice.
As for the increase of space, I can’t seem to find my pictures but, I’ll go take some new ones in a little while. Sunny day, good for pictures! The upper rack will cook quite nicely, not just warm. There is a lot of heat up there with the lid on.

Paul,
As I read this thread, I focus on your post and you have answered this for yourself! It is time for you to upgrade to the 26 and find the right side table that will make you not feel like you lost work space to increase grill space. Then it is time to part with the preformer that you love so much! I like that table that you showed, here is another option.

Paul,
And here is the other table option.

Or build your own table this was a Silver B frame had an old stand up cooler so I took the bottom piece out and screwed it to B frame. The granite is nice you can put a hot chimney on it no worries. Even though I have a performer I also have a UDS so I wanted more space and I can wheel it anywhere I want to.

I to wish sometimes I had the 26 but really not many times I would use it sounds like you would be using the extra real estate pretty frequently.

Attachments

• IMG_1173.JPG
    IMG_1173.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 15
I am now toying with with the idea to park-along-side a Weber 26" next to my Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) in which I will use The WPD primarily as a stand-alone Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Cooker. I bought my WPD in little more over a year ago and the Table is my favorite part of this cooker.

Go for the Roti ring like a few have said, when you need space ad the ring and second grate and voila! extra capacity, plus rotisserie to boot!
So if you’re cooking burgers or steaks for a bunch of people, how do you do it? Cook on the lower grate and set it up top, then load more on the bottom grate to cook? I wouldn’t think it’d get near hot enough up top to use it as a cooking surface?

Back