Thinking of swapping out the Performer to a 26”

Keep the Performer and use the table for both of them.

View attachment 25970
This is my current thought, with me not being able to get what I want shipped to me I am considering getting a 26" with the SNS to go with it. Use it as my dedicated smoker and grill when needed and run it along side my performer for rotisserie and grill when needed.
Nervous though, some people have said but does the 26" smoke better than the 22"? Like I know there is more room and I would hope to smoke nice n low for long times, but would it suit me perfectly or is there some downfalls you could share with me that you could see being better with a different 2 bbq setup.
Thanks.
Here is a good explanation of what I am trying to do.

Well you could swap the 22" bowl for the 26" on the performer or go about thinking on how to mod the performer to add the 26 to the other end. If it were me in that predicament I'd likely figure a way to add it to the performer for a dual grill.

This is my current thought, with me not being able to get what I want shipped to me I am considering getting a 26" with the SNS to go with it. Use it as my dedicated smoker and grill when needed and run it along side my performer for rotisserie and grill when needed.
Nervous though, some people have said but does the 26" smoke better than the 22"? Like I know there is more room and I would hope to smoke nice n low for long times, but would it suit me perfectly or is there some downfalls you could share with me that you could see being better with a different 2 bbq setup.
Thanks.
Here is a good explanation of what I am trying to do.
I have done an overnight brisket smoke on my 26er. Things went fairly smoothly. To be honest for long smokes I will always go to my WSM's. It is what they are made to do and they are really easy to do long smokes on. If I was only able to keep 2 of my Webers I would keep the Performer and the 18.5WSM.

I have done an overnight brisket smoke on my 26er. Things went fairly smoothly. To be honest for long smokes I will always go to my WSM's. It is what they are made to do and they are really easy to do long smokes on. If I was only able to keep 2 of my Webers I would keep the Performer and the 18.5WSM.
Yep, if my wife ever really had a fit. I’d keep the Overperformer and the (only) 18” WSM, the rest are just “job specific”. I think it’s easy for me. I grew up learning the value of the 22 kettle, it’s a friend that I’ve known for years.
Know what you have, learn it’s best points and, use them well.

Well, I’m going to pick up a 26” kettle tomorrow. I’m going to try it out and see how it works out before deciding whether to keep the Performer or 26”. (Yes, one of them will have to go. Eventually).

I could probably make my SnS from the 22” work for now. But I’m wondering if the charcoal ring and diffuser from the 22” would work on this. Trying imagine fitting 10 rack of ribs on the 26!!!

I’m wondering if the charcoal ring and diffuser from the 22” would work on this.
Do you mean the CB smoker ‘conversion’ setup? If so, the answer is yes - sort of. You’ll need to lower the charcoal grate below its position in the 26 - depending on the particulars of your setup, there are a couple of options. If you tell us what you’re thinking, we can tell you how to make it work.

That is the first true complete clear picture I have seen of your over preformer, impressive!
Thanks Michael,
That’s an early picture, I rotated the 18 by 90*which makes the hinge opens to the right instead of to the rear. Less opportunity for burning an arm. The tung oil finish has grayed out quite a bit so, this summer the thing gets a refinish!
I also upgraded the wheels to ease the strain on my back, lifting it about four inches.
If I had a 26, I’d build another one I have a friend that has made some concrete flower boxes for his house so, I might see if he could do a tabletop.

Do you mean the CB smoker ‘conversion’ setup? If so, the answer is yes - sort of. You’ll need to lower the charcoal grate below its position in the 26 - depending on the particulars of your setup, there are a couple of options. If you tell us what you’re thinking, we can tell you how to make it work.

I was thinking of the charcoal ring and diffuser that comes with the 22” Master Touch Premium:

1618496000214.jpeg

Yeah, they’ll fit no problem. The clearance between charcoal and cooking grates is the same between 22 and 26” grills. Good luck getting them, though. I understand that Weber won’t sell them to anyone who doesn’t already own a MTP.

Yeah, they’ll fit no problem. The clearance between charcoal and cooking grates is the same between 22 and 26” grills. Good luck getting them, though. I understand that Weber won’t sell them to anyone who doesn’t already own a MTP.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the heads up.
Now when you say grate clearance is the same between the 22 and 26, I was under the impression the Master Touch Premium had a bit more clearance? The pictures make it seem taller anyway.

As fate would have it, the day I was heading up to pick up the 26, I got diagnosed with covid. So quarantined for a while (now done). Grill was sold so I was back to square one.

It may have been all for the best. I was thinking, while banished to the basement, that I really like the big table of the performer quite a bit. I chose to keep the Performer.

So, I ended up picking up a Go Anywhere. For those times I need extra grill space, I’ll throw the hotdogs, asparagus, and any side dish items in the Go Anywhere then the main course items on the performer.
It also gets me a nice charcoal grill when camping with the kids. I already tried smoking a 3lb pork shoulder last week (with success).
Hoping the combo will work out.

Well, I’m going to pick up a 26” kettle tomorrow. I’m going to try it out and see how it works out before deciding whether to keep the Performer or 26”. (Yes, one of them will have to go. Eventually).

I could probably make my SnS from the 22” work for now. But I’m wondering if the charcoal ring and diffuser from the 22” would work on this. Trying imagine fitting 10 rack of ribs on the 26!!!
You might find this thread useful

I am still on track in my thinking to add a WeberQ 3200 to my BBQ Arsenal if they ever become available again here in Costa Rica. However, I also have the same thought in regards to your statement above in purchasing a Weber Kettle 22" or 26" to use the Weber 22" as a stand-alone Rotisserie Cooker for my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit. If I did purchase the Weber Kettle 26" I will use my Weber Performer Deluxe primarily as a Rotisserie Cooker.

Back