Thermapen One

Jerry N.

TVWBB Emerald Member
Wondering what you all think of the new Thermapen One. While the technology to read in one second is impressive, I don’t think I’m impressed with it enough to upgrade my MK4. In fact, if I was in the market (I’m not), I think I’d get the MK4 on sale while they close that out. I think it’s a better value. Maybe there’s some functionality I’m missing, but without something other than the one second result, I don’t see anything new that I’d want. Especially for smoking, one second versus four is pretty much meaningless. A little more useful in grilling, but still seems kind of like a solution in search of a problem.

See review in post #110 of the link above.

Last edited:
I have the classic bought in 08 and a MK4 my Sons got me for pops day.
I'm happy with the first and like the features of the second.

Thanks for the links to Chris' video review. Good to know I'm on the same page as Chris with this new Thermapen.

If I were in the market I'd get it. I'm used to my classic and will probably just roll with it for the time being.

I have an original and the one before the mk4. Been eyeing the mk4 for many years. Took advantage at the nice price of the mk4.

It's on my wish list, yet there are several items ahead of it. If my classic were to fail and stop working, a TP1 would move to the top and be ordered immediately.

Edit or a mk4 if still available and on sale.

Last edited:
It's on my wish list, yet there are several items ahead of it. If my classic were to fail and stop working, a TP1 would move to the top and be ordered immediately.

Edit or a mk4 if still available and on sale.
I’d get the MK4 while still available. It’s a great price as they close them out.

Back