Thermapen classic vs one

David-B

TVWBB Super Fan
Classic good enough or spring for the one that’s a second faster? I have an old Taylor and it takes 10 seconds to get a correct temp

20220927_183325.jpgWait for the one to go on sale is my opinion.

I have both, bought the one before I took my classic apart to lube the contacts.

The one is faster and the light is worth it.

View attachment 60255Wait for the one to go on sale is my opinion.

I have both, bought the one before I took my classic apart to lube the contacts.

As usual Dan is spot on, wait for a sale, Black Friday will be one for sure. The one is faster, display rotates, it has a light and it runs off AAA batteries. That’s the #1 reason for me.

I also have an Mk4 which would have been a tougher decision, I recently gifted my classic to a friend.

Sign up for the email list. You’ll get the sales emailed to you. A good sale is 30%. An amazing sale is above that. They run sales often. 25% is a common sale.

I’ll also add I’ve recommended thermapens to people who like to BBQ or are trying to get better and all have said it’s the best investment to get better results with bbq and all kinds of cooking.

I've got both. It's a noticeable difference in the speed. If I'm cooking a steak where I need a good accurate read and feel confident about it, the Thermopen one just works better. They are both great though.

Thermopops are pretty good too, and less expensive - I think this link is related to our forum so Chris get's a little $ to keep the forum going

I use my thermapen original daily and have for more years than I can remember. Its fun to note that I just changed out the original batteries. Use it for everything from BBQ to candy making and everything in between. My new one (xmas gift 2021) just sits in the drawer…
of course, it’s red!

View attachment 60255Wait for the one to go on sale is my opinion.

That's what I did.
The classic, which is a kick-*** thermometer, is now my travel* and tailgate thermometer.

*yes, when we travel and stay at places with full kitchens and/or grills, I take a thermometer. It makes cooking in unfamiliar kitchens, and grills, a lot easier.

I have been a Thermapen fan for 15 years or so. My original still works great. The new model One is even faster read and uses AA batteries. I didn't really need one One but I got One and I love it. Great product. Makes a fantastic gift for up and coming grillers and smokers. They are tough. I have dropped them, stepped on them, left them in drawers for years and they just keep working.

Thermapen ONE is on sale today and tomorrow for $69.30, probably the best price ever. Buy now!

Last edited:

Back