There's nothing like the smell of peach & pork in the morning

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
Buddy was a trooper even at 5:30.

002-L.jpg

Sorry but I'm bragging...............

This started out as a 7.8 pound pork shoulder and after the trim, probably closer to 6 to 6-1/2 pounds. The rub was the usual Slabs Kyle Style but this was the first time I have done one with Peach. Started at 5:30 this morning and ended up around 6:30 tonight. All day at 235F.

Done. The bark was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
004-L.jpg

Pulled! We waited about 30 minutes to let this sit. Moist, smelled great and I think half was gone from the family "sampling" before it hit the table.
010-L.jpg

The family agrees this was without a doubt the best pulled pork we have had. I can tell you throughout the day the smells from the cook caught the attention of a couple of neighbors. Yep, I’m braggin’. Yep, I’m proud of myself. Folks….. try some peach.

As Always…. Thanks for looking,
Rolf

Rolf, you are a Master my Friend. That is gorgeous. Hey Man call me I am half hour away, and I would jump at that pork. Beautiful

Yep, I’m braggin’. Yep, I’m proud of myself. Folks….. try some peach.

As Always…. Thanks for looking,
Rolf

And brag you should! I'm already a big fan of peach wood, so when it comes to trying it, you're peach-ing to the choir (pun intended). I hope there wasn't too much fighting for the bark among the family members.

Brag away good friend! Shoot, if I could pull that off, there would have easily been twice as many pics as you posted (and a few more Yeunglings!)

Nice! I havent had any luck finding any peach wood up here in the bay area and these pics are making me wish I could. Great job!!

Back