There's no turning back now...

Thanks Ed, you're too kind. I do still have to completely disassemble them for final finishing, but I'm really glad you like them.

That was my first wood carving and I carved it out of a scrap piece of 1x3 fir...it could be better, in other words. I'll probably go ahead and finish it when I finish the "Best Daughter" plaque I'm working on, but the idea of small badges about this size with redwood might make the wife happy...she likes those little knick-knack kind of things. :giggle:

Last edited:
That's beautiful for sure. Your daughter will love it! Hey, another idea for those weber badges, refrigerator magnet

Do you want a Platinum badge or a Weber badge? And this is pre-supposing that it carves ok at that size...and I gotta get this Best Daughter plaque done before her b'day (9/11, poor kid).

Do you want a Platinum badge or a Weber badge? And this is pre-supposing that it carves ok at that size...and I gotta get this Best Daughter plaque done before her b'day (9/11, poor kid).
I can go either way on that. Whatever you feel like.

Ok, we'll go with the Weber logo...easier to paint, and I know it will carve ok at that size.

Ed, I want two! One to mount on the “Overperformer” and one, just because its just really cool!
Where do I send a check, cash or money order?

Back