There is a disturbance in the force.

I could've told you there's be a new model coming out , because this always happens when I buy something.....
Ditto. Maybe that’s why they held a sale on the Gen 2, move some product in preparation? Got mine late October on sale.

I’ll be interested in what it is. Almost waited for a redo on Smokefire but the $200 off sealed it for me.

Gas/Pellet combo. Start with pellets for the smoke, sear with gas, both controlled by Weber Connect. It could happen?

Come on gravity feed...🎲🎲
That would make me so damn happy. If you look at the cover on that pic on the right side, it definitely appears to be a hopper of some sort on the back side. Could just be a pellet hopper like on the SmokeFire.... but, could also be a hopper for charcoal to be fed by gravity. Fingers crossed.

I am surprised that this forum is not already swamped with people; curious ones, Engineering and Tech nerds (me), Charcoal Purists, Gas Grill Greats, even pellet fanatics. (poopers?)

I thought a disturbance in the force this large would awaken everybody

Great minds.......

Last edited:
I am surprised that this forum is not already swamped with people; curious ones, Engineering and Tech nerds (me), Charcoal Purists, Gas Grill Greats, even pellet fanatics. (poopers?)

I thought a disturbance in the force this large would awaken everybody
Great minds
Yeah I at least expected Dan Hoo to appreciate the reference. 😆

I am leaning new pellet grill. If so, I don’t think it will be just another SmokeFire but rather a substantially new model and even name. I hope they don’t resort to a “copycat” pellet grill and abandon the things that were innovative about the SmokeFire.

This all makes sense in the context of how the SmokeFire and even SmokeFire pellets are disappearing everywhere.

I would still take one of those killer deals on the current SmokeFire, but they don’t seem to be available for me.

Definitely a disturbance in the force!

Back