There is a disturbance in the force.

Unless I'm just too stupid to know how to keep it clean the interior light on my Recteq RT-700 is useless; it gets covered with smoke just like everything else inside the pit, even during a single cook after cleaning it.

I prefer using a stand-alone light, which has the benefit of being much brighter and illuminates a larger area. The Porter light I'm currently using is not available but if I were buying one today I'd consider this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P5HLQNW/?tag=tvwb-20

View attachment 43441
Agreed. I was under the impression that this light is on the exterior, possibly integrated into the handle somehow.

It’s just like the windows on the new Green Mountains, largely useless because they will smoke up.

If the light is internal, I’ll just take the handle light off my Spirit that almost never gets used and hope it fits.

Isn’t this the black on black special edition? I read it as “black instead of stainless steel is cheaper to make but cooler to market to you as the new black”

It looks like the Weber light has a pop off lense just like Recteq. If dishwasher safe it’s not a big deal to clean it after a cook.

I'm sure that those lights can be retrofitted, provided that they will sell them. Looks like they removed the finger guard that we all have already done. and replaced it with the one on top that doesn't impede pellet flow, though I would personally remove that one too. Still has the ramp insert, and the hopper is still too short for the grill. I was really hoping that they were going to make this one full length.

I like the new "CRAFTED" Grill Grates ... the other "CRAFTED" accesorries seems like you could use your own.

Nice touch by adding a steer head next to the weber logo.

1642711475497.png

1642711277535.png

The new hopper with the relocated pellet sensor does interest me. Still curious as to whether or not they will sell us the parts for our Smokefires. I never had a company refuse to sell me something prior to dealing with Weber.

The new hopper with the relocated pellet sensor does interest me. Still curious as to whether or not they will sell us the parts for our Smokefires. I never had a company refuse to sell me something prior to dealing with Weber.
I agree. The hopper is the weak link in this great grill. I will say , again my humble opinion, that the Stealth is really a Gen3 !!! However Weber doesn't want to admit it, so they roll out a "premium" model with a lot of corrections that should have been on the Gen2. To admit you're on your third version of the same grill in such a short time would be embarrassing. Did a 14 hour lamb shoulder overnight cook last night. Started at 10pm on Smokeboost , then at 12am took it to 225, it only took 3 minutes to hit 225. I woke up at 3, went outside and had to level out the pellets. Raised temp to to 235 and it took 7 minutes to get the extra 10 degrees... I do believe this is on purpose with the new software so you don't overshoot your desired temp. At 7am I received a low fuel notification. I was able to quickly shove pellets into the auger hole and save the cook. The low fuel sensor is in the left side of the hopper, but the bridge starts right above the auger hole line, so by the time you get your warning it's usually too late. However on the stealth model, the sensor is inline exactly where the bridge starts, so the notification will come sooner than the current location. I hope Weber realizes this is a problem for alot of people and will fix our issue. Lamb came out incredible.

Attachments

• 20220119_214031.jpg
    20220119_214031.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20220120-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20220120-WA0004.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I agree. The hopper is the weak link in this great grill. I will say , again my humble opinion, that the Stealth is really a Gen3 !!! However Weber doesn't want to admit it, so they roll out like a premium model with a lot of corrections that should have been on the Gen2. To admit you're on your third version of the same grill in such a short time would be embarrassing. Did a 14 hour lamb shoulder overnight cook last night. Started at 10pm on Smokeboost , then at 12am took it to 225, it only took 3 minutes to hit 225. I woke up at 3, went outside and had to level out the pellets. Went to to 235 and it took 7 minutes to get the extra 10 degrees... I do believe this is on purpose with the new software so you don't overshoot your desired temp. At 7am I received a low fuel notification. I was able to quickly shove pellets into the auger hole and save the cook. The low fuel sensor is in the left side of the hopper, but the bridge starts right above the auger hole line, so by the time you get your warning it's usually too late. However on the stealth model, the sensor is inline exactly where the bridge starts, so the notification will come sooner than the current location. I hope Weber realizes this is a problem for alot of people and will fix our issue. Lamb came out incredible.
Great post!

Back