The little Q that could!

My '99 redhead SSP is my flagship and workhorse. But, the more I use my Q1200 I really love that grill. Gets very hot and sears like a champ. Plus I've been experimenting with a toaster oven sized baking sheet with grill rack to do more indirect type cooks. Great, great little grill.

Case, first off, love the title of your post. :love: And your dinner looks really delicious. Great job. Sorry you are having such hot weather. Just wondering, do you have a slow cooker? If so, that won't heat up the house.

Case, first off, love the title of your post. :love: And your dinner looks really delicious. Great job. Sorry you are having such hot weather. Just wondering, do you have a slow cooker? If so, that won't heat up the house.
Nope no slow cooker. We use a Ogallala Cream can for those types of cooks!

Great cook Case. I feel your pain with the heat, been over 100 for 15 days straight, hit 108 yesterday. Good thing is it absolutely poured for over an hour yesterday afternoon first substantial rain in about a year.
My inside Weber is seeing a lot of use now, don't even have to go out in the heat to cook.

101_6100.JPG

How long and what temps did you use to cook the Prime Rib?
I ran the Weber on the lowest setting and it averaged 350°. I cooked the roast until the internal temp hit 130°. Then I pulled it off tented it with foil and let it rest 30 minutes before slicing it.
It was probably on the grill for 2-2 1/2 hours.
Packet taters take 30-40 minutes. The packet green beans take 15-20 minutes.

Great cook Case. I feel your pain with the heat, been over 100 for 15 days straight, hit 108 yesterday. Good thing is it absolutely poured for over an hour yesterday afternoon first substantial rain in about a year.
My inside Weber is seeing a lot of use now, don't even have to go out in the heat to cook.

View attachment 32408
Like your Weber pot 👍Where did you pick that up at

Back