The Humor Thread

I've already placed more orders with Amazon this year than my first year in 2007 :oops:
I placed more orders in November than I had in the first three years I started with them!
And, honestly I don’t see any reason for that changing for a while. Local places have forgotten what the term “Service” means. I very much like shopping locally but, when the staff is simply trying to read a box (and can’t) I can order the same thing and have it delivered to my door for less! Doesn’t make sense.

Last edited:
I placed more orders in November than I had in the first three years I started with them!
And, honestly I don’t see any reason for that changing for a while. Local places have forgotten what the term “Service” means. I very much like shopping locally but, when the staff is simply trying to read a box (and can’t) I can order the same thing and have it delivered to my door for less! Doesn’t make sense.
Agreed. Do my best to support local but sometimes I just can’t justify it.

Agreed. Do my best to support local but sometimes I just can’t justify it.
There's some true words.

Several years ago, over a summer holiday weekend, I discovered that I was short on boiled linseed oil to treat a trailer deck. I ran down to one of the local hardware stores and the cashier remarked that I was lucky they were open after I observed just how expensive it was. "I can almost drive an hour to the metro to buy these exact same cans, pay for mileage on my truck *AND* pay for my time as well." I seriously contemplated walking away from the counter and calling the owner on the following business day. I've talked to him quite a few times and he gets why I keep shopping there. It'll NEVER be the cheapest, far from it, actually, but I can get most of what I want.

Sales people should never think they know what a customer has in their bank account! I have spent almost 50 years in retail, and some of these “young kids” have never learned that.
I‘ve had customers walk in after spending the day working in their garden and realized that (he) had forgotten his anniversary, he had manure on his shoes, filthy from planting. We chatted and he explained the situation, “40 years, what is that?”
he walked out with a beautiful ruby ring, about $6,000.00 and, his gold card didn’t care how he looked! I learned that early on!

The owner of the local telephone company, and a good-sized ranch, where we used to live, went to the nearest Dodge dealer to order a couple of new company trucks. He was eyeballing a new Viper and asked a salesman how much it was. The guy told him if he had to ask the price, he couldn't afford it and walked off. Howard ordered the trucks and also bought the Viper from the fleet salesman, so the wise *** sales guy didn't get a commission. Guess Howard's work clothes hid the fact that he was a millionaire and taught the sales guy not to judge people.

Back