The George!

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
A couple times a year we rent a house at the beach with some friends. Once requirement is that the house must have a BBQ. Well the house we rented had a BBQ, I guess you can call it that.

Really????

36249423504_7e90458bbc_c.jpg

Hmmm, Really???

Okay I guess if that's what I have to use.

Thankfully I had a George-ous view

36249407784_076ceff30d_c.jpg

So I plugged in the BBQ, set the temp to 4.5...

36943137141_7d55d9fb13_c.jpg

It was our friends birthday and he requested my infamous smoked tri tip. I had to use smoked paprika to sort of make that work...

Marinated in Worcestershire, garlic salt pepper, smoked paprika.

36688372710_9367b2f5c9_c.jpg

What do you know, cooked to an IT of 130, rested 30 minutes, didn't look half bad!

36271243503_123bf76828_c.jpg

36271245013_97b0ba3ff2_c.jpg

And we topped the night off with upside down mixed berry polenta cake!

36896526766_2c9b77d620_c.jpg

A few more photos of our views!

36249686994_67eed9c363_c.jpg

36896499076_40cc7c6094_c.jpg

36914549432_7efaee1fa1_c.jpg

Delicious looking Tri Tip Case. love the mixed berry polenta cake too. I have an old GF grill around here somewhere. I really like your photo of the driftwood on the beach.

Well at least the GF did the job well, of course with your help. Might have to steal that marinade, got a TT coming up next week.
Beautiful scenery, pictures look great.

Delicious looking Tri Tip Case. love the mixed berry polenta cake too. I have an old GF grill around here somewhere. I really like your photo of the driftwood on the beach.

Very nice looking meal Case. Too bad you couldn't turn it to 11! ;)

Well at least the GF did the job well, of course with your help. Might have to steal that marinade, got a TT coming up next week.
Beautiful scenery, pictures look great.

Thank you everyone!

It was nice to get out of the smoke for a few days! The weather was fantastic and the scenery was great!

Tri Tip is spot on, will be trying that recipe for sure. Cake looks delicious but that view is to die for. Looks to be a great spot for a vacation.

Way to make do with what you had. Looks great, nice views too. George lives about 45 minutes from here. Apparently he did OK with the grill sales, his house has a 64 car garage.

That's why I always take the JJ with me on vacation. Looks like you did well with what you had to work with. An experienced griller/q'er will always make do.

Tri Tip is spot on, will be trying that recipe for sure. Cake looks delicious but that view is to die for. Looks to be a great spot for a vacation.

Thank you Barb! The cake is fantastic. I posted the recipe here a while back. Blueberry polenta upside down cake. This time I used mixed berries and lemon zest instead of orange zest.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Arch Cape, am I close?

Three Arch Rocks off of Oceanside, Netarts bay. So just a bit south of Arch Cape.

- - - Updated - - -

Way to make do with what you had. Looks great, nice views too. George lives about 45 minutes from here. Apparently he did OK with the grill sales, his house has a 64 car garage.

Thank you!

Yeah that's 61 more garage bays than I need!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice TT and great views!!!!!

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

That's why I always take the JJ with me on vacation. Looks like you did well with what you had to work with. An experienced griller/q'er will always make do.

Thank you!

Typically I take my 14 or a mini-wsm along, but the listing said no charcoal allowed...

Well at least it was RED and it had the name George attached to it. The wrong George, but George none-the-less.

Looked tasty. Almost as nice as the view,

Back