The forgotten Weber Flame 27000 Fireplace/Fire Pit

Yes it is possible? There is a chance it could be converted simply by drilling out the orifice, but that would depend on what kind of valve it uses. If not, you would probably have to find a valve from someone that wants to make the switch from NG to LP and would just swap with you. Otherwise, finding a NG valve from one being junked would be the other possibility.
If you want to explore the first avenue of modifying the orifice, I am not the one to talk to. Hopefully, someone else will be able to guide a bit better on that.
Thanks Bruce appreciate the input!

This chart is what I use. If you need assistance let me know. The blue lines are what I used for a Genesis 2 grill.weber conversion-chart_LI.jpg

Bumping this thread. This one popped up locally. I'm trying to get more details, but might be a winner.

That looks a bit neglected and not good pictures which usually tells you something. It might be a steal, but at the least, for $99 it is a great parts unit. You can probably sell parts off it for double that.

Well golly me, I must be the luckiest lady alive! I purchased one of these at a garage sale last weekend for $75 and its in perfect condition. Was doing a lil research about it and stumbled across this forum. Got a few questions for you Webheads.

1) Mine is LP and has the scale thingy on the back side for the tank. How accurate is that thing? If nothing else, its a handy place to put the tank. No complaints even if its not a reliable measure.

2) It did not come with the rain guards. Can I buy replacements? If so where?

3) The instructions on the back side say to NEVER operate it with the rain guards on. Clearly that's no problem for me at the moment but I've read others posts here who say they do use it with 1 or 2 of the rain guards on to direct heat or block wind. Is that wise?

4) As others have asked. Can it be converted to NG EASILY? I dont want to drill anything out or DIY modify the parts that are on it. Im only going to do it if I can buy a part that's made to run NG and can easily be installed and operated safely. Does this exist? If so where can I get it?

5) A cover would be sweet. Do they make them still? Where can I find it?

Attachments

• IMG_9052.JPG
    IMG_9052.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9053.JPG
    IMG_9053.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9054.JPG
    IMG_9054.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9055.JPG
    IMG_9055.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9056.JPG
    IMG_9056.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 19
Well golly me, I must be the luckiest lady alive! I purchased one of these at a garage sale last weekend for $75 and its in perfect condition. Was doing a lil research about it and stumbled across this forum. Got a few questions for you Webheads.

1) Mine is LP and has the scale thingy on the back side for the tank. How accurate is that thing? If nothing else, its a handy place to put the tank. No complaints even if its not a reliable measure.

3) The instructions on the back side say to NEVER operate it with the rain guards on. Clearly that's no problem for me at the moment but I've read others posts here who say they do use it with 1 or 2 of the rain guards on to direct heat or block wind. Is that wise?

4) As others have asked. Can it be converted to NG EASILY? I dont want to drill anything out or DIY modify the parts that are on it. Im only going to do it if I can buy a part that's made to run NG and can easily be installed and operated safely. Does this exist? If so where can I get it?

With respect to the cover, you won't find any exact replacements as those are extremely rare and virtually non-existent. You can find something similar on Amazon that works but definitely not an exact replacement.

The “scale” is really kind of in general as far as accuracy, not absolute. When the gas is gone, it will simply stop burning. It gives you a bit of an idea where things are at any given moment. I do my best to run tanks pretty much dry since I keep a pair full as backups. One empties, replace with a fresh one and put the dead tank in the “take for filling” spot. It’s now warm enough that the patio heater can move to its summer location here. Off the deck, that is.
Excellent find!

Better off using the lift test to measure the tank level.
I know of no place to buy them.
I operate mine with two of the guards on at times. No problem
It might just entail changing out the orifice, but the type of valve used on the grill might not make that a good solution. Here is a photo of my LP valve. Someone might be able to tell you if an orifice swap is compatible with that type of valve.

20200822 Weber flame Valve cleaning (1).jpg

This is the cover I bought for mine. Works well.

I picked one up yesterday! Love it, going to do a little paint work & clean up but it works fine. The previous owner changed out the lava rocks because they were covered with marshmallows. Lol

Attachments

• FAB2B759-E9CE-46A7-987C-3B5E763D7ADD.jpeg
    FAB2B759-E9CE-46A7-987C-3B5E763D7ADD.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 3EC400AD-23E0-4D5C-869B-AB3F200387CD.jpeg
    3EC400AD-23E0-4D5C-869B-AB3F200387CD.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 19
  • CEF0AD8A-2FF7-43D0-9830-E237119A457A.jpeg
    CEF0AD8A-2FF7-43D0-9830-E237119A457A.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 19
  • A03A15F8-2CC5-4836-B0A7-969AA0D527B7.jpeg
    A03A15F8-2CC5-4836-B0A7-969AA0D527B7.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 20
Garret, read back through the thread. There is discussion on the colored glass.

Edit: I scanned the previous posts and didn't find it. It must be in another thread, I will see if I can locate it and post back.

Ah yes the elusive firepit that nobody seems to know too much about. I own two of these and have both the natural gas and the propane version. We love it so much that I don't have the heart to sell the LP version since my lower yard doesn't have a NG line to it. I'm in the midst of restoring the natural gas one b/c the previous owner left it out in the rain and rust has started to form on it. I can't seem to be able to find the factory grey paint so I will have to substitute it with something "grey" in color. I love using the firepit. So easy to light and just convenient.

I am not sure if that grey is the same as the grey they used on the Genesis E3xx grills, but if so, you want Rustoleum Massey Furgesen grey Farm and Implement paint.

Just keep in mind that it is not heat rated. So, you cant use it on parts that will get high heat.
You may have noticed that Tractor Supply shows this paint as not available. I have gone to their store in Terre Haute 2 or 3 times and the shelf is always empty. The Associate said that paint is another item in the category of stuff bogged down in supply chain issues. You can find it around online but at outrageous prices.:mad:

Oh, I didn't notice Jon. I bought a can there this past spring in person. Yah, look at any store in the spray paint section and anywhere from 1/4 to 3/4 of the slots are empty.

Back