The Adapt-a-Damper - Open Source Project

That got there quick. USPS surprises me. The adapter fit on my Guru adapter, but I have found that there is a bit of difference in OD from batch to batch of those.
Yeah it was a tight fit even with my 3D printed one that I painted but I attributed it to the paint. It fits now and that's all that really matters!

My CNC Center. Wood Router in the foreground, CNC Mill in the middle, and non-cnc lathe in the back. (I really need to paint the walls!)20200703_164627.jpg

Beautiful! I wish I had the space for a decent workshop, there's so many tools I would like to get. But for now, I decided to make space in my garage for an Openbuilds Workbee CNC in 1000*750mm size, that should get a bit more stuff done than my first CNC, the chinese 3018... Even some slow aluminum milling should be possible, but at least precise and fast wood carving will be.

Hi,

Is anyone willing to sell me the components for a 15cfm adapt-a-damper? I have an early Beta roto-damper that I love, but the extra fan output would be helpful. Also I need to know if it has the exact same outside rectangle measurements as the roto-damper. I have a custom made graphite rectangle to round adapter that protects mine from heat.

Thanks very much

Web Dove

Not sure what the Roto-Damper measurements are, but the opening on the 15CFM Damper is ~ 35mm x 41mm. Pretty sure it's larger.

Mine is 33.8 x 26.3. Much smaller.

Does the large adapt-a-damper have a rectangular to round adapter? Mine ends in a 35.8 mm round opening.

Do you happen to know that diameter?
The inner diameter of the smooth fitting adapter is 1-3/8" for smooth 1-3/8" OD tubing. I feel I have to put the dimension twice because threaded fittings are so crazy how a 1" NPT fitting is 1.315", but the smooth adapter dimension is the same as the tubing dimension.

1 3/8 ~= 35mm. That should work perfectly. Is anyone willing to sell me the parts for the 15cfm version of the adapt-a-damper with that round adapter?

I can print a 15cfm version for you if you haven't found someone to do it yet. I don't have any MG90 servos to fit it, but I do have ethernet keystones. If you supply the servo, I can print the parts through the store.

I can print a 15cfm version for you if you haven't found someone to do it yet. I don't have any MG90 servos to fit it, but I do have ethernet keystones. If you supply the servo, I can print the parts through the store.
Thanks Bryan, i should be able to find the servo and I appreciate your supplying the ethernet jack. How can I make the arrangements? My direct email is webdove@gmail.com. Thanks, Web

Thanks Bryan, i should be able to find the servo and I appreciate your supplying the ethernet jack. How can I make the arrangements? My direct email is webdove@gmail.com. Thanks, Web
I can send you the extra SG92R servo I bought it’sa higher torque digital version of the MG90. Same form factor and speaks the same PWM protocol. It’s just digital on the output side. I’ll e-mail you.

It's the Delta BFB0712HH 15CFM. DigiKey has a -A version in stock but I can't tell what that suffix means. I only know F00 (Frequency Output) and R00 (Rotation Detection). The dimensions look the same, and the specs are the same, so maybe that's just a revision?

Last edited:
From when I ordered mine a few weeks ago, there's a 2 wire, and a 3 wire version. I think the 3 wire version (F00 and R00?) allows you to read fan speed, the 2 wire version is what we're all looking for here, Digikey p/n 603-1177-ND.

Back