Tell me about your S6.

I lost a soldier this past weekend as well. My only propane has been dismissed. It's okay it hasn't fired up since October 2020.
My fleet is optimal size. E6 can do everything but it works for me as a dedicated smoker.
Performer does all the dirty work including rotisserie ( chicken while the E6 smokes ribs for eg. )
Jumbo Joe for when it rains and for travels.
Smokey Joe at one point was my main grill but now acts only as the place for my chimney lighting.
It's all the bags of charcoal in the garage that takes up all my room.

Glad that’s not down the street, I’d lose some sleep.
I do want an S6 though. After buying my first performer after all these years I don’t know *** I was thinking. I love that grill set up.
I think thecE6 is a good cooker but even at CL prices I can buy and where out 2 or 3 performers and still have money to buy more meat.....

I love my performers they be multi talented.

I think thecE6 is a good cooker but even at CL prices I can buy and where out 2 or 3 performers and still have money to buy more meat.....

I love my performers they be multi talented.
Oh yeah i love my performer, having a table and cart is awesome. Wish I didn’t listen to my wife and wait so long.

Big shout out to Bob C for showing me the CandB slate blue models.

@Chad Anderson could offer some good perspective. He has both Summit Charcoals.

Post in thread 'any buyers remorse of e6 summit purchase when compared to other weber kettles?'
https://tvwbb.com/threads/any-buyer...ared-to-other-weber-kettles.88311/post-989439
As I mentioned in the other thread, I think the S6/E6 are excellent choices if you’re looking to pair down the collection. My only regret is not making the purchases sooner. As was mentioned above, they hold there temps amazing well, even in -30 weather, which I’ve cooked in. 24” is only slightly smaller than 26”, which you will notice if you’re used to using the 26er, but it’s easy to work around that reduction. The versatility is what really sold me; I can easily do an 18 hour cook on them using minion, and then grill the 19th hour with little effort. Having to add fuel has not been an issue for the S6/E6 either, I’ve been using lump with a few KFCB as starter fuel, and have gone as long as 18 hours with about a quarter of the lump left over. For me, the fuel economy sealed the deal for getting both.

Got the bug for an S6, so I would love to hear your thoughts. Maybe some pics? A good divorce lawyer might be necessary as well.
Price increase in less then a month!

Price increase in less then a month!

BBQ GUYS posted that there would be an across the board price increase a while back. Everything is getting crazy!

Great thread!
I totally get your interest in the S6 @Bruno. I would love to have one myself. But, with my existing fleet, I couldn't be happier. I've got the smokin' and grillin' covered. Cold weather cooking would be an advantage but I don't like the cold.

Last edited:
Got the bug for an S6, so I would love to hear your thoughts. Maybe some pics? A good divorce lawyer might be necessary as well.
If you buy it from Home Depot, open an account and you save 10% or $200 max, plus you get 12 (maybe more) months to pay for it. So if you can bury $150 a month without raising the bride's brow, you're good to go :)

Got my S6 yesterday. I posted about it over at amazing ribs also. I don't know what the rules are of cross posting and don't want to duplicate it here if you all read over there too, but happy to post if it that's helpful.

I'm excited to cook on it, but honestly disappointed in the QC from Weber. The Lid came with two big obvious divots that chipped the enamel coating off. There was also some undocumented changes to the product (minor stuff but it made following the instructions annoying). Weber is sending me a new lid to replace the one that was damaged, and I'm grateful for customer service that you could reach within a few minutes and at least seemed to care about addressing the issue. They're sending a new lid, but now I'll have to swap that out and ship back the old one. Having an undamaged one from the get-go would have been my clear preference. Good thing I saved the hinge safety bolts they tell you to throw away before I noticed the damage to the lid.

Honestly, for a $1800 grill, I'm disappointed that I had to call customer service about 4 issues. I'm also not real crazy about how they have you running the snap jet hose around and rubbing up against a sharp piece of sheet metal now. I guess I'll cover the metal in electrical tape to prevent it cutting into the rubber, but again - why necessary on a high end grill.

I think Weber's price on these creates these types of issues. If it wasn't so dang spendy (which, yes I did know when I ordered), these things wouldn't bother me. But when you charge a premium price, you should deliver a premium product and experience.

Overall, I'm sure it'll be a great grill, but it definitely has me sour on the whole experience and Weber's quality

Attachments

• IMG_3222.jpg
    IMG_3222.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 19
Damn....getting into this thread late but woke up this morning with an urge to explore a new BBQ. And the S6 is pretty tempting...and I am already going through a divorce so that is a non factor! Maybe it will be a “finalization“ gift to myself! Thanks for all the great info on here!

Damn....getting into this thread late but woke up this morning with an urge to explore a new BBQ. And the S6 is pretty tempting...and I am already going through a divorce so that is a non factor! Maybe it will be a “finalization“ gift to myself! Thanks for all the great info on here!
HAHAHA, you got the hard part out of the way, order that bad boy up!!

HAHAHA, you got the hard part out of the way, order that bad boy up!!
Yeah... you know what spawned my thinking is that I have a 2001 Genesis Gold B NG that has been a workhorse for 20 years. And it is so sturdy. Haven’t replaced burner yet! It’s the only BBQ I bought new. And despite how awesome it is to find deals there is nothing like the feeling of a new BBQ!

Yeah... you know what spawned my thinking is that I have a 2001 Genesis Gold B NG that has been a workhorse for 20 years. And it is so sturdy. Haven’t replaced burner yet! It’s the only BBQ I bought new. And despite how awesome it is to find deals there is nothing like the feeling of a new BBQ!
Go a step further. There is nothing like the flavor of charcoal smoke on a properly grilled steak, seared at 1100°.

I bought all 4 of my Webers new. Feels good

Back