any buyers remorse of e6 summit purchase when compared to other weber kettles?

Good update Darryl on stability. I move mine frequently, I have a big porch, to take advantage of shade or get away from wind. Not that it matter much for a ceramic. But if I hit a small pebble or piece of charcoal and everything stops suddenly. Panic ensues:):)

I don't have a lot of hands on experience regarding the big green egg.
I have seen them and people swear by them.....maybe because they paid a ton for it, but either way I am sure it does a great job.
I think the Weber has a larger foot print, like the legs are farther out than the BGE.
Looking at the pic I can see where you might be a little nervous if you hit a pebble or something....Also the extra weight would be an addition to getting nervous, you don't want it to fall and obviously break or anything.
Found this easily on line.

1630331752300.png

Wouldn't be surprised that is an XL BGE, but base is similar. The Weber base seems to be pretty widespread and would give sufficient stability. No, I do not want to try the bounce test with either cooker:)

Is a 26 an option or just a performer? For the price difference it would take a long long long time to pay for a e6 to pay for itself. I don't see the benefits myself. Not saying one unit can't do everything well but no way is a do all ok better then dedicated units that do great. It really depends on the capacity you need or may need as well.
For me the E-6 is more of a "want" than a "need" as my present BBQ Arsenal consists of a Weber Performer Deluxe, WSM 18" Classic and Weber Smoky Joe which meets my present BBQ/Grilling Needs.

The 22 inch works like a dream as well, less room especially since any smoke cook you have to give up about half the grill space if you want to go low and slow for
There is no reason you couldn't use a charcoal ring and pizza pan to replicate the indirect setup of the E6. Tom Horsman has a video on it and it costs less than $50 I believe.

Yes I forgot about that....I seen him and the master touch premium with the hinged lid has a small ring with a diffuser that comes with the grill.

Tipping over is not something that could happen. The stability is top notch. I don't move mine because it is exactly where I need it....Until the snow flies then it moves.....then back to where it is again in the spring. It feels light, it's not super light but it feels light.

I've read of one tipping when the lid was open and moved so it can happen.

I move my LBGE around the patio occasionally. It is heavy, but stable with the lid closed.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the Summit Kamados. I sold all my other kettles (kept Homer though 😉) including a 26” and a wsm 22 to make room for the Summit. A year later I found an E6 for a great price and picked it up too, now I have two Summits. I use these just about everyday, and feed anywhere from three to thirty without issue. 36FE9050-AEB1-4BB0-AC6F-4A9AA65AAC9F.jpeg

I absolutely love the Summit Kamados. I sold all my other kettles (kept Homer though 😉) including a 26” and a wsm 22 to make room for the Summit. A year later I found an E6 for a great price and picked it up too, now I have two Summits. I use these just about everyday, and feed anywhere from three to thirty without issue. View attachment 36067
I'm considering selling my Summit S670 and getting another WSC. We've really dialed in how to get it hot and ready to cook in 20 minutes which just means I set the grill up first before touching any proteins/prepping for a cook. This small time shift has enabled me to get weeknight dinners to the table in the same time frames as my gasser had me doing, but with substantially better flavor and cook results.

I'm considering selling my Summit S670 and getting another WSC. We've really dialed in how to get it hot and ready to cook in 20 minutes which just means I set the grill up first before touching any proteins/prepping for a cook. This small time shift has enabled me to get weeknight dinners to the table in the same time frames as my gasser had me doing, but with substantially better flavor and cook results.
I hear you about how easy it is to get the WSC dialed in quickly. And having two is really nice! I thought about selling my old Genesis Silver, but it makes a great vegetable cooker, and food warmer, so I hung on to it for now.

I absolutely love the Summit Kamados. I sold all my other kettles (kept Homer though 😉) including a 26” and a wsm 22 to make room for the Summit. A year later I found an E6 for a great price and picked it up too, now I have two Summits. I use these just about everyday, and feed anywhere from three to thirty without issue. View attachment 36067
Is that an optical illusion? The bowl/lid in the cart looks bigger than summit kamado on right. But they're supposed to be same size?

Last edited:
I have gone through 8 Weber Kettles in 40 years, I give them away when they get loose and the legs fall out or the porcelain starts to rust through. My friends are happy to get free cookers. I would love to have 2 E6, maybe when the pellet pooper gets tired.

Is that an optical illusion? The bowl/lid in the cart looks bigger than summit kamado on right. But they're supposed to be same size?
Yep, optical illusion. The E6 sits lower, and the WSCGC sits higher. Plus the WSCGC sits on castors instead of regular wheels. Makes it slightly taller in the front as a result. But the slope of my patio makes it perfectly level.

Attachments

• IMG_7179.jpeg
    IMG_7179.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 5

Back