Taco Tuesday

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Yesterday was a slow'ish day (doing a test bake of a new bread formula....), so I volunteered to make tacos (after all, it WAS Tuesday!!) :)

Whipped up some TORTILLAS:

84A4BC93-99F9-48A4-89F7-CDA96F910919_1_105_c.jpeg

Seasoned some shrimp with olive oil, chili powder and lemon juice for about 90 minutes, then hit the Blackstone:

1690391967128.png

Not much heavy lifting, and VERY tasty:

1690391977439.png

Baked the bread this morning, and I think it'll be a winner! Summerhill Sesame:

1690392019414.png

Attachments

• 1690391962696.png
    1690391962696.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Oh man I wish I had the want in me to make my own tortilla.......looks top notch, like top floor to me and we eat a lot of tacos!
I was always under the impression that marinating small pieces like shrimp in citrus had a 30 minute limit as the citrus will have it cooked if you left it more than an hour. I have never tested it and my quick marinade leaves the citrus flavor on the final product to be desired.....minimal....

I have had luck with marinating shrimp with mixtures like this.

50 / 50 with my spice mixture and olive oil....add citrus as needed which in my case doesn't seem like it is needed.
I let it sit 30 minutes, and right onto a hot flat top..........
The marinade becomes thick and sticky, like a gravy consistency, flavors carry over intensely........your shrimps look great, this is just what I have come to after a few wrong attempts.... I am sure you know what is going on......
For a real flavor kick using a dry jerk marinade in the olive oil really packs the heat on there.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a slow'ish day (doing a test bake of a new bread formula....), so I volunteered to make tacos (after all, it WAS Tuesday!!) :)

Whipped up some TORTILLAS:

View attachment 75490

Seasoned some shrimp with olive oil, chili powder and lemon juice for about 90 minutes, then hit the Blackstone:

View attachment 75492

Not much heavy lifting, and VERY tasty:

View attachment 75493

Baked the bread this morning, and I think it'll be a winner! Summerhill Sesame:

View attachment 75494
Baja sauce or just crema?

I was always under the impression that marinating small pieces like shrimp in citrus had a 30 minute limit as the citrus will have it cooked if you left it more than an hour.
It wasn't too much lemon juice, Darryl, and, truthfully, I got distracted with other things. :) No harm, no foul, tacos were tasty.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

R

Tacos look amazing, and that bread looks like a winning formula. Is that Barb's formula, your formula or a combo of both?

Tacos look amazing, and that bread looks like a winning formula. Is that Barb's formula, your formula or a combo of both?
Howdy, Chuck! The bread formula is one of mine. Like most, it's an amalgamation of several recipes I've found online with some tweaks through testing. I'm mixing up a batch of five loaves of it today for baking tomorrow! :)

Back