T-bones on the Smokey Joe Silver

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Finally got some rain, of course I was grilling dinner. Of course the only real issue with this is the cook getting wet.

I fired up the Smokey Joe silver with the last of my charcoal (Store shelves still don't have any here). High temp cook. No cook photos due to the rain. The results were fantastic. Standard SPOG seasoning.

49809160293_dc6fa73a93_c.jpg

49809159978_40edd959ed_c.jpg

49809715586_a8df0ee8d2_c.jpg

Man that looks good, Case! Hope you can replenish your stock of charcoal soon! I'm on my last bag.....

R

That sir is a perfect steak, nicely done.
Wish you and Rich were closer I've got about 16 bags of KBB and some royal oak and two big bags of Western Lump I would gladly share with you to get you through the charcoal drought. I only have the performer and the mini and the 18.5 WSM so I don't go through it like I used to.

That sir is a perfect steak, nicely done.
Wish you and Rich were closer I've got about 16 bags of KBB and some royal oak and two big bags of Western Lump I would gladly share with you to get you through the charcoal drought. I only have the performer and the mini and the 18.5 WSM so I don't go through it like I used to.

Thank you!

I only have the 14.5" WSM and the mini's that I have. So I don't go through it either. Hence why I haven't for years done the big stock up that most do at the holiday sales. I buy two bags when I need it. Lasts a longtime. I can tell you this much I haven't been smelling enough bbq and charcoal burning in my hood for the amounts that were drained off the shelves. There should be a plume of bbq smoke and smells lingering all day everyday!

Great job on that steak Case! Glad you got a little rain although it does raise havoc when grilling. We've got about half of what we got last year and long range forecasts don't show much in the future. Hope you're able to restock on the charcoal soon. The only place we've been besides the grocery store is Costco, and they had a pretty good stock last week.

Great job on that steak Case! Glad you got a little rain although it does raise havoc when grilling. We've got about half of what we got last year and long range forecasts don't show much in the future. Hope you're able to restock on the charcoal soon. The only place we've been besides the grocery store is Costco, and they had a pretty good stock last week.

Yeah we need rain. Its going to be a bad fire season this summer.

I've really cut back on our store visits. In fact we've only been going every two weeks. If we didn't rely on fresh veggies as much as we do I could cut that down to once a month. I usually only shop at Costco 2-3 times per year. That's when I need toilet paper and or allergy medicine. Both items they have been out of. Neither of which we need. I have to grocery shop this week and I will check with the Ace Hardware that is in the same complex as the grocery store. According to their website they have 16 pound bags in stock. Crazy since Kingsford has a plant 150 miles from me!

Great looking steak Case. I'm down to my last 20 bags of charcoal, getting a little nervous.:p

Yeah we need rain. Its going to be a bad fire season this summer.

I've really cut back on our store visits. In fact we've only been going every two weeks. If we didn't rely on fresh veggies as much as we do I could cut that down to once a month. I usually only shop at Costco 2-3 times per year. That's when I need toilet paper and or allergy medicine. Both items they have been out of. Neither of which we need. I have to grocery shop this week and I will check with the Ace Hardware that is in the same complex as the grocery store. According to their website they have 16 pound bags in stock. Crazy since Kingsford has a plant 150 miles from me!

I just heard that they already have put the fire restrictions in the forests here. We had a lot of rain this year so much that all the reservoirs are full and they are afraid that there will be a lot more vegetation to fuel the fires.

Great looking steak Case. I'm down to my last 20 bags of charcoal, getting a little nervous.:p

Thanks Pat! I had to do some grocery shopping and was able to acquire the Kingsford double 20# pack. So I’m good for now!

Back