Sweet Sauce by Aaron Franklin

Made this to use for my daughters 18th b day party tonight she has 30 friends coming tonight. Going to be used for dipping sauce for little meatballs. Finger lickin good!

I remade it Brian, it's Good Stuff!
still have some in the fridge

I made some but I got the recipe from the book. I think the amount of sugar is screwed up so I raised it. Sauce is awesome. It might be my favorite right now. The cumin might be a little too much but all the other ingredient ratio's are perfect. The sauce is definitely not too sweet.

This is one of my favorite sauce recipes, I had made bunch to give to my Fellow Kiwanis board members when my Presidency ended as gifts with Bottle of Sauce and a bottle of rub. made some labels " Sweet Piggy Butt Rub" "Rub it on everything, not just your butt"

I’m going to make this tomorrow and try it on some meatloaf. It’s always nice to have everything in the pantry that you need for a recipe. The only difference between this recipe and the one in his book is that this one calls for 1/3 of the cumin and that’s fine with me.

This is different from the sauce he prepares in his Master Class, which is this one .........

2 tbsp tallow
1/3 onion
4 cloves garlic
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 cups ketchup
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
4 dashes of worcestershire

I guess Aaron's changed his game over the years .

I made some but I got the recipe from the book. I think the amount of sugar is screwed up so I raised it. Sauce is awesome. It might be my favorite right now. The cumin might be a little too much but all the other ingredient ratio's are perfect. The sauce is definitely not too sweet.
The book calls for 1 TBSP of cumin. Made it that way and everyone hates it. Would probably be a nice enchilada sauce, though.

Now seeing the version posted here with 1 tsp of cumin makes me think there’s a typo in the book.

I’m going to make this tomorrow and try it on some meatloaf. It’s always nice to have everything in the pantry that you need for a recipe. The only difference between this recipe and the one in his book is that this one calls for 1/3 of the cumin and that’s fine with me.
I made the book version and it was awful. So much cumin. Just tastes like enchilada sauce. I’ll have to try with the 1 tsp of cumin some other time.

Has anyone tested the “it stays good for months?” Im at a month and figure it should be fine. Wonder what the real world testing shows.

The book calls for 1 TBSP of cumin. Made it that way and everyone hates it. Would probably be a nice enchilada sauce, though.

Now seeing the version posted here with 1 tsp of cumin makes me think there’s a typo in the book.

Chris got his version off the internet. 1 tsp cumin. I make/use the tsp version all the time. Really good.

If you add some brisket drippings, it is great.

The tbsp reference in the book is presumably a typo.

Back