Surfing and turfing

Stuart S

TVWBB Pro
Really busy week this week at work for me and really crappy week for my wife, so I decided to surf and turf to cheer us both up.

Got some t-bones, rib steaks and some lobster tails on sale today. Left the lobster unseasoned in the shell, and hit the steaks with some steak spice on one side and some Salt Lick rub on the other side.
20140412_190612.jpg

Got a good hot fire going and started some taters with garlic in a foil pouch, then put my tails on indirect.
20140412_190842.jpg

Once the tails hit 140 they went into foil with some butter and the steaks got put on in stages as some people like em pretty done and others don't...not to mention I need a 26 incher.
20140412_192020.jpg

Everything came off and got rested.
20140412_193954.jpg

Then served with potatoes, green beans and heirloom carrots, which is what old timers used to call carrots.
20140412_194412.jpg

Best meal I've had in a while and made up for the crappy week for everyone.

Thanks for lookin!

Sorry, before Any words I need to understand the meaning of "to surf and turp" .
Thanks in advance

"Surf and turf" is a colloquialism that means something from the sea (usually shellfish) and something from the land (usually steak) served together :)

Thanks for the explanation. I don't like fish and I can't ever imagine fish on the same grate of your splendid steaks. I would becwarryed about flavour/smell of fish over the steaks. Anyhow your steaks look delicious! Complimenti!

Enrico, I know what you mean, but it's actually quite good. I don't think lobster is common in Roma, but maybe some scampi tails would be good too. I would recommend you to try it at least once...I ate many things in Italy I would not have thought I would try and loved them all!

Great stuff, Stuart. Those steaks and lobsters are a great way to combat the adversity of a lousy week!

Back