Superbowl Sunday

Brad I had seen that article of Len Dawson smoking that cigarette at half time. I was originally from Boston and Carl Yastrzemski used to smoke in the dugout I think in those days he was not the only one rumours were the manager did also. A different world for sure.

I'll be fixing a brisket from Porter Road in my pit barrel( original one made in the USA). Its been a tradition for me to fix a brisket on the SuperBowl.
We will be rooting for the 49'rs here. No Chief fans here in this house. You just DON'T root for a team that is in your division. IE: Chargers, Raiders or Chiefs.
Go 49'rs!!!!

Dang, I completely forgot about the super bowl since I quit watching a few years ago, but I did see a recent article about the Chiefs quarterback.

If the Panthers were playing, we’d have a houseful.
But since they’re not, I’ll have a buddy over. It’s been a tradition for 8 or 9 years now.
And, since no one, Pammi or my buddy, could chose between wings and sliders,I’m doing both!
Go KC!

You just DON'T root for a team that is in your division.
Amen to that! Where I work people are mostly Packers fans but there are a few Bears fans and 1 or 2 Vikings fans, and a couple of weeks ago one of the Vikings fans and one of the Bears fans said they were hoping that the Packers would beat the 49ers because of the divisional connection. I called both of them some words that can't be printed here.;)

we were on Marco Island the day the Niner's kicked Packer sad a$$... however, before the game, we were out for breakfast and I was wearing a Green Bay shirt...
a gentleman with his wife stopped us to wish the Packers well, hoping they win, he said.
"By the way..." he added turning back as we continued.... "We're big Viking Fans!"
I smiled and thank
ed him.

Most everyone commenting on this thread knows how pathetic the Packers preformed that evening. Quite sad it was.

I like both teams. Though, I thought Ga'Ppolo was overrated being an unproven 2nd string to Michigan's Brady then getting the big contract...
Good for him really.... and I like Mahomes with his fire...

Nice to see the KC squad win on only their city's 2nd appearance in the Super Bowl.... and Frisco has a few already....
so I would say The Chiefs should win.

That's who I think I will root for.

Jim have not been to Marco for awhile used to always have a few drinks at Jack's Lookout nice little dive bar on the water I think he was a Boston guy which is where I am originally from probably sold it since then. A few dinners at Snooks also.

Jim have not been to Marco for awhile used to always have a few drinks at Jack's Lookout nice little dive bar on the water I think he was a Boston guy which is where I am originally from probably sold it since then. A few dinners at Snooks also.
we were not at Jack's but LOVED Snook Inn! Saw, from the upper deck, 4 dolphins playing in the bay to everyone's amusement.
Left a part of myself on Marco, so you know I gotta go back ;)

Had to represent while in Memphis on Friday.

XM7rFBkl.jpg

I pulled a bunch of chicken out with the intention of kettle fried chicken. It's breezy now and according to the weather people it's going to be 20-30 mph winds all day with a chance of rain. I hope that doesn't cause any problems with the cook. I don't have a sheltered area where I'm going to be doing it.

Not sure where in the state you are Jason, but your weather forecast pretty much mirrors what we're getting up here on the north end. As long as it comes out of the north, I'll be ok. Honestly, a game day like this I'd be out there regardless. Go Niners. I really like KC too so this is one of those games that's kind of a win, win. Almost anyway. :D

Ooops!! Forgot the fare. Right now ABT's, Moinks and Armadillo Eggs on the smoker. A little later a pot of beans and French Bread for dinner.

Last edited:
52 and sunny today, not bad, or I should say almost unheard of for 02/02/2020 in the midwest.
Change of plans. Doing a meatloaf with baked beans, mac & cheese, and a Italian pasta salad.
I like both teams, so we'll see.

Tim

For space reasons I'm on round two of the KFC. Hoping the charcoal stays hot enough to finish without having to light more.

I don't watch much football (loved playing it), but this was a fun game to watch! I noticed the collapsible panels in the helmets for the first time today.

We did the fried jalapenos, onion rings, GARLIC burgers, dips/shrimp/etc.

Really enjoyed the game. We kept it simple, had some friends over I made some chili for chili dogs a couple of different wings, chips, dip, vegie tray, cheese, crackers etc. Got to watch the whole game instead of in and out tending the grills.

Dave, how was the parade???

I saw the cops do a pit maneuver during that car chase on the parade route and I had visions of the Lions finally winning a Super Bowl!

The parade was great, although very cold. Snow flurries, and mid 20's.

I took many pics, but the highlights were ...

Andy Reid

3yKMoR2l.jpg

The Trophy

XCu18VSl.jpg

Pat Mahomes

JsMzAXLl.jpg

Back