Sunday Ribs for my 3rd ever smoke

E Smith

Tried a recipe from the Facebook page 'Grilled', their Maple Cayenne Ribs. Not a traditional BBQ taste, but they're the best ribs Ive ever had. I highly recommend their page for fun ideas for the smoker and highly recommend this recipe- I will be making these again for sure!

:wsm::p

Those ribs look phenomenal.
Could you post the recipe here for those that don't do Bragbook, thanks.

Mr. Smith you are well on your way! Third cook? Wow I wish I had made that kind of meal on my third cook (and so does my family). Great job!

You sir have st the bar mighty high if that's your 3rd cook! Great looking ribs, great color, and nice smoke ring! I'm going to have to look up that page on FB....what kind of tast did the ribs have? I love the thought of trying new things, but while I love spicy food, my wife and oldest son do not...
Again, great looking ribs,
Tim

Those ribs look phenomenal.
Could you post the recipe here for those that don't do Bragbook, thanks.

Definitely looks like a good recipe. See below.

Maple Cayenne Ribs

BBQ Type: Grill
Fuel: Charcoal
Cooking Time: 4 h to 4 h 30 min
Makes 2 to 4 portions
INGREDIENTS

2 Slabs of baby back ribs
1 cup - Maple wood chips
RUB

¼ cup - Brown sugar
½ tbsp - Salt
2 tbsp - Ground coriander
1 tsp - Cinnamon
1 tsp - Ground cumin
2 tsp - Black pepper
GLAZE

½ cup - Maple syrup
¼ cup - Frank's RedHot Original
¼ cup - Butter
¼ cup - Ketchup
1 tsp - Lime zest
2 tbsp - Lime juice
PREPARATION

Preheat your grill for indirect: Place an aluminum foil pan filled with water under the grill grate and toss a chimney of hot coals alongside;
With a butter knife and some paper towels, remove the membrane under each slabs of ribs by inserting the knife between the membrane and one of the bone, pull the membrane with a paper towel to remove it completely;
Mix all of the Rub ingredients together and apply the rub on both side of the ribs with your hands so it penetrates the meat;
Place the ribs on the grill grate over indirect heat and toss a cup of maple wood chips onto hot coals; Close the lid and cook for about 4 hours at 250°F;
Mix all of the Glaze ingredients together and simmer for 15 minutes; Glaze the ribs 10 to 15 minutes before taking them out of the grill; The ribs are done when the meat have shrunk of about 1 inch from the bones;
Cover the ribs with aluminum foil and let them rest for 15 minutes before serving.

Last edited:
Here's the recipe . Sorry for the delay!

http://betterbegrilled.com/recipes/maple-cayenne-ribs

The flavor was very different than your traditional bbq. The coriander and cumin i think add a lot of depth, and the sweet n' spicy of the maple syrup and franks -as strange as that may sound- is really, really good. I followed the rub & sauce recipes to a T, but mine were prepared on a WSM18 with water in the pan and apple chunks in the KBB. Using a Maverick redi probe the grate, she stayed between 250-260 for about 3.5 hrs, then multiple quick bastings -the curved vertical surface is a bit of a challenge but came out just fine. I will 100% be making these again- my wife, who bless her heart is not a huge bbq pork fan, loved these ribs!

...my wife, who bless her heart is not a huge bbq pork fan, loved these ribs!

I hear you. I don't know when it happened, but lately my wife only eats meat a few times a week. When she asks for ribs she prefers baby backs (I like spares) the day they are cooked. The rest of "dem bones" defaults to my plate.

Back