suckling pig

George P

TVWBB Member
Hey folks. The boys asked to do a pig before they head off to school. So Saturday I am doing a pig on the WSM 22.5. Anyone done one lately?

Seems quite doable. Found this pic of a "pig on a platter". So yeah, I'd be interested to see this too.
20111204-suckling-pig-11-560px.jpg

http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/12/the-food-lab-how-to-roast-a-whole-suckling-pig.html

Lot of good tips there but mostly--cook at 275-300 then bump the heat up (like 500o ! --probably need your oven to do that) to crisp the skin. WSM just won't do for that part.

Last edited:
In the Gallery, you can post all your cooking photos. On your photobucket page in the top left corner, there is a little picture of a chain link. Click on that. It'll give you 4 options. I think it's the bottom one that has the url for the picture and it ends in a .jpg. Copy that url.

Then when you get back to the Gallery, you can post that link (for the pic to show, the url starts with
. Put your caption before the
. THere is a button along the top of the box when you're posting your pic in a post that automatically puts the img/img in the right spot but my tip works too. I'm more used to entering things manually than letting the "button" do the work is all.

edit-->congrats on the smoke! Looks mighty fine.

Last edited:

Back