Stealth Smokefire

So chalk it up to global supply chain issues?

Just out of curiosity, does the smokefire have any electronics that would require chips?

So chalk it up to global supply chain issues?

Just out of curiosity, does the smokefire have any electronics that would require chips?
Yes, it has a microcontroller and associated circuitry, power supply, display, etc. These are some commodities that have been heavily constrained. That challenge is on top of contract manufacturers with capacity constraints.

If I were selling consumer goods and wanted folks to keep buying them rather than speculate about their fate I would give detail on my web site, sharing that it was temporarily removed only because of supply constraints.

But maybe that's why I don't own my own business.

This is today's response to my question to Weber. Not unexpected, we're getting what appears to be conflicting information from Weber employees. Chorbi said that the Stealth is dead and that's how it looks to this consumer. This email doesn't actually say it's not. So we wait. :unsure:

Matthew S (Weber Grills)

Jan 17, 2023, 08:58 CST

Hello Lewis,

Our SmokeFire Stealth Edition wood pellet grill is currently out of stock on weber.com. We are working hard to replenish the inventory for our online site. For forum members interested in finding out where they can purchase a SmokeFire Stealth grill, please share that they can visit the sites of our retail partners, including Amazon.com, Home Depot, BBQ Guys, Best Buy, and other retailers.
not my role here but please be carful and think of others when saying what someone said.

specifically, the quote was: "The STEALTH is no longer being sold."

you're inferring the STEALTH is dead. but the post says NO LONGER BEING SOLD.

yet the Stealth IS being sold by other retailers. so at best, the quote is conflicting with market reality.

i mean no disrespect, Lew. and I know you're always working and coming from a reasonable and honest perspective.

until Weber makes a legal or public statement, no one here knows anything. just a lot of guessing and monday morning quarterbacking.

all i am saying is be considerate of any info you receive, unless it's an official Weber statement, it's all just conjecture and hearsay.

Last edited:
not my role here but please be carful and think of others when saying what someone said.

specifically, the quote was: "The STEALTH is no longer being sold."

you're inferrign the STEALTH is dead. but the post says NO LONGER BEING SOLD.

yet the Stealth IS being sold by other retailers. so at best, the quote is conflicting with market reality.

i mean no disrespect, Lew. and I know you're always working and coming from a reasonable and honest perspective.

until Weber makes a legal or public statement, no one here knows anything. just a lot of guessing and monday morning quarterbacking.

all i am saying is be considerate of any info you receive, unless it's an official Weber statement, it's all just conjecture and hearsay.
Thanks Brett, I agree with you 100%. A change in a couple of words really changes the message. Accurate info is important and I'm not offended if someone points out my error. For now, all we can do is wait.

you're inferring the STEALTH is dead. but the post says NO LONGER BEING SOLD.

Why would it be surprising that it is being sold by other retailers meaning existing inventory that might need to burned off. Right now on Amazon there are 10 left I doubt they are selling one a day at that price so how long does it take for them to sell 10? Here is their delivery window FREE delivery January 23 - 26. Could take months to sell those 10 nobody knows BBQ guys say This item leaves our warehouse within 10-14 Business Days not sure they really have that in stock how could it possibly take that long to ship. So maybe Weber decided easier to dump their existing stock of the Stealth to Amazon and let BBQ guys among others help sell the remaining units meaning no risk order from them ship to BBQ warehouse let them get rid of it which I am sure they gave them a price incentive to do that. All conjecture I agree at this point by the way.

Looks like maybe a very incremental approach for this Spring. SmokeFire Sear+ adding a sear grate to what previously came with the Stealth. I just received this:

Weber SmokeFire Sear SPRING 2023.png

I see this as another holding pattern while Weber tries to sort things out financially and with what they want to do in the pellet grill arena.

Last edited:
Right, I missed that on my first look. It sure looks like you're right about them selling off Stealth inventory.
since the Engadget news story stated that the Stealth's upgrades/features are incorporated in this new SF model, it could be reasonable to assume the Stealth SKU is no more and this new model is the Stealth+1, but named the Sear+.

"First, the company has a new version of its SmokeFire smart pellet grill. Dubbed the Sear+, this model carries all of the features of last year's Stealth edition. That includes an all-black exterior with interior lighting. The key difference here is the Sear+ is better equipped for — you guessed it — searing. A two-sided porcelain enamel searing grate gives you the ability to cook both larger cuts and more delicate items. Also inside, a removable, folding top cooking grate adds more capacity. When you don't need it, Weber has added grate hooks for storage outside. There's also an additional side shelf on the left which should give you more room to prep foods before they go on the grill."

I don’t care what new features they add…if Weber doesn’t significantly beef up the quality of the internal metal pieces, I will never drop the coin to buy it. Cheap thin sheet metal should not be used at this price point. Especially in a grill that has been touted as a “searing” high heat grill. I know some of you have already received replacement part, but they don’t seem to be improved? Did the Stealth line improve in this area?

I don’t care what new features they add…if Weber doesn’t significantly beef up the quality of the internal metal pieces, I will never drop the coin to buy it. Cheap thin sheet metal should not be used at this price point. Especially in a grill that has been touted as a “searing” high heat grill. I know some of you have already received replacement part, but they don’t seem to be improved? Did the Stealth line improve in this area?
Good point and I haven't been able to find out about the flame diffuser nor the flavorizer bars flange. The firepot and the firepot grate seem beefed up and definitely a redesign.

I still see this spring 2023 Sear+ model as mostly a holding pattern. They chose some relatively easy fixes from their parts bin to offer a better feature mix. They are appreciated, but I don't think you will see any improvements in materials used beyond those noted by Lew that came with the Stealth edition.

I think the R&D has had to slow down with Weber's financial problems. A significantly revamped pellet grill sounds like it will still be a while longer.

Seems like a 'safe' upgrade. Pretty much a Stealth, with a couple minor changes that shouldn't impact the basic performance of important things like the pellet feed, electronics and heat source. In other words, doesn't need a lot of testing. Biggest changes are the shelf, hooks and the grate - low risk. I think I just might be looking to put one on the deck this summer. Big jump in price though.

Back