Stealth Smokefire

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Looked at some video reviews of this. Looks like it's coming along. But is Weber making folks buy the Stealth to get the improvements or did they do the improvements for folks who bought the original Smokefires?

Still unconfirmed. I suspect everything gets the upgrades but companies have done odd stuff before.

People who have reported buying the standard edition never mention any of the Stealth improvements in their grill. The stealth has a redesigned pellet hopper, glow plug harness, fire pot, and the auger assembly fits in differently so I suspect (don't know for sure) that they made a change to the cooking chamber for the Stealth. There are 5 components in the grill I would like to see beefier replacement parts for but that's my entire wish list for improvements to my Gen1 grills.

I wonder why they call it the "stealth"? Does it mean the SF is available in 2 different versions? (besides the EX4/6?)

The Stealth versions are the EPX4 and EPX6 and the standard versions, EX4 and EX6, are both being sold with the Stealth costing more. I suspect that they chose Stealth because it's an all black grill, including the handle and the right side shelf.

I have yet to see a stealth EX4 online or in person. The only stealth I've seen is the 6. Probably don't need the real estate of the 6 but would like the improvements of the stealth.

I have yet to see a stealth EX4 online or in person. The only stealth I've seen is the 6. Probably don't need the real estate of the 6 but would like the improvements of the stealth.
The EPX4 is export only. Only the EPX6 is offered in the USA.

That way radar won't see it. Likely needed when you bring it home without asking the wife :D
Haha right? I think they’re really trying to get a younger demographic with if. What that age bracket is I don’t know, I don’t think many early 20’s are dropping $1k for a pellet though. So maybe the 30-40/45ish??

At 39 I have no interest in the Stealth. I personally find the chrome and black contrast quite charming.

Stealth was out of stock for a while, now it isn't even listed on the website. Quietly discontinued?

Interesting. I wonder what happened there with Stealth? Wasn’t my cup of tea personally as I love the contrast between black and stainless, and I haven’t seen one in person but at least some made it out.

Interesting. I wonder what happened there with Stealth? Wasn’t my cup of tea personally as I love the contrast between black and stainless, and I haven’t seen one in person but at least some made it out.
They're in stock at BBQGUYS.com and the 2 biggest UK retailers so I don't think we have enough info to pronounce it dead yet. Could be, but that's not a certainty - yet. After their foray into the stock market, I suspect that we're going to see changes and the Stealth may be part of that. It's a wait and see game right now.

Lew is right they are in stock at BBQ for 1499, why would you buy that from them when you can buy it from Amazon for 200 less. Or did they cut a deal with Amazon to blow them out which I assume would piss BBQ off but Amazon can move way more units. I again checked the Weber site no Stealth's available. Maybe the thinning of the SKU's is beginning did they really need the Stealth to begin with were there improvements which you could just dump the Stealth and incorporate in the existing ex4 and 6 and be done with it.

Does the world really need the Original Kettle Charcoal Grill 22" with ashes dropping down onto a plate and blowing all over your back yard or an 18" kettle? A WSM 18" I get but buying a kettle to me less than 22 is kind of silly maybe to have another one available doing larger cooks.

Lew is right they are in stock at BBQ for 1499, why would you buy that from them when you can buy it from Amazon for 200 less. Or did they cut a deal with Amazon to blow them out which I assume would piss BBQ off but Amazon can move way more units. I again checked the Weber site no Stealth's available. Maybe the thinning of the SKU's is beginning did they really need the Stealth to begin with were there improvements which you could just dump the Stealth and incorporate in the existing ex4 and 6 and be done with it.

Does the world really need the Original Kettle Charcoal Grill 22" with ashes dropping down onto a plate and blowing all over your back yard or an 18" kettle? A WSM 18" I get but buying a kettle to me less than 22 is kind of silly maybe to have another one available doing larger cooks.
Sounds like a new thread is needed.

“The SKUs I’d Keep as Weber Goes Private and Rightsizes”

Anyone up for this challenge?

Back