Steak

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Followed up my fish taco cook with a couple of Rib Eyes from Costco. Had our second 110°+ day in a row, but it was my night to cook. Did a couple of quick steaks, potato and some green beans with garlic and butter. Here's the pictures.

The steaks were large so went with a couple smaller russets. Got them going first.

DSC_3938 (Large).JPG

1 lb. and 1.3 lb. Prime from Costco. Seasoned with salt and pepper only.

DSC_3941 (Large).JPG

Got a little heavy on the sear but no problem.

DSC_3944 (Large).JPG

Slid the steaks off the direct heat and got the beans going.

DSC_3948 (Large).JPG

Beans hot and tender.

DSC_3950 (Large).JPG

Steaks running around 120 to 125

DSC_3952 (Large).JPG

DSC_3955 (Large).JPG

Plated it up.

DSC_3962 (Large).JPG

DSC_3966 (Large).JPG

DSC_3969 (Large).JPG

Well, that's it. Meat was wonderful and the beans were garlicky. Fine conclusion to a toasty day. Thanks for looking everyone.

Last edited:
That's a good way to at least enjoy something in the heat, Cliff, I won't say beat it......110F if hard to beat! I'll be up in Sac on Sunday, so if you are fixing to cook some more of these, I'll swing by! :) Nice cookin' sir!

R

I don't know what looks better, the color on the outside of that steak or on the inside of that steak. Man that is a great looking cook all around.

Great dinner, Cliff! Did you blanch the beans at all or did they go into the skillet raw?
I do them both ways. These were blanched.
I'll be up in Sac on Sunday

Yesterday was the last of our cool days for a while. Heat returns tomorrow and sticks around until Sunday the 23rd. Looks like Sac. is about a degree or two cooler for this weekend. Good luck with your trip. I'll probably be selectively cooking for a while. A nice ride up to 4,000 foot Shingletown sounds good for a day trip for us over the weekend. It's only a 30 minute drive, much cooler and most importantly, safe.

IMG_6204[1].PNG

Last edited:
One more thing the ratio of steak to sides is amazing! Your pictures looked so good, I just went out to the store and got myself a Rib Eye for tonight, mine is only .6 lbs but it will be enjoyed.

That looks great. I cooked up some rib eyes this past weekend on the kettle, only to have the rest of my family complain because they prefer sirloin because it doesn't have as much fat. I initially started to explain to them why they're wrong, but then thought it'll just be less expensive to get one rib eye for me and the rest sirloin for them anyway.

Those beans look about perfect. I need to use my cast iron on the grill like that more frequently .

Back