SRF Wagyu corned beef round back at Costco

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
It's that time of year when fresh corned beef appears at supermarkets in large quantities in preparation for St. Patrick's Day. I know some of you are big fans of the Snake River Farms premium corned beef round for making quick pastrami. Good news...these guys are back at my local Costco on Great Oaks Pkwy in San Jose. Your Costco may vary.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

quick-pastrami-srf-corned-beef-round-12.jpg

Whoa that looks great. So much better than the stuff they sell here. Corned must mean toes in this area. Not salt. Now I want a sandwich.

That looks mighty tasty. Not to distract from the topic but I would have thought we'd see your 10" slicer.

That looks mighty tasty. Not to distract from the topic but I would have thought we'd see your 10" slicer.
Like this one, Fletch? That's Chris' left arm, not mine in the photo......FWIW, I only knew where this photo was because I made up some "faux-strami" today using Chris' tutorial as a guide. :)

1614563596636.png

SRF online site indicates this product is currently out of stock on the SRF website, not elsewhere....

Chris,
You got me nervous with the liver comment on the pastrami instructions.

Have any of you cooked these rounds before? boiled or pastrami smoke?

I hadn’t really given it much thought in regards to brisket v round, would love to hear any thoughts.

Thanks.

Last edited:
So I boiled one of these the other day, it was AMAZING!! I got 2 pics before I put it in the pot and it never made it to another picture.
I’m now torn on trying for pastrami or just boiling the next one.
I liked the texture and it sliced really well.
38FAE429-FBD9-4CD6-AFD9-D7CDA32DC1A8.jpeg89B10440-DCDB-4F30-A724-8F35A3754C9B.jpeg

That's some crazy marbling! The (cheaper) Shenson brand round that I got from CostCo had virtually none of that intramuscular fat!

I'd be torn, too, but you could probably go get some more at CostCo before they disappear..... :)

R

Back