Spinning Pork

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
Got a pork loin to do a spin cook with the Rotisserie. Thanks Tim for the guidance on getting the right cut for this cook.
Used the simple wet rub I have learned from Rich G.: dijon mustard, EVOO, crushed garlic, a little honey, salt, and pepper.

IMG_20210428_175340.jpg
Went on with B&B charcoal and peach wood from Fruita Wood.
IMG_20210428_175401.jpg

I forgot the drip pan, just realized it.

IMG_20210428_175418.jpg

And done.

IMG_20210428_175430.jpg

Sliced

IMG_20210428_175443.jpg
Plated.
IMG_20210428_175456.jpg

Pork roast was pretty amazing, the peach wood smoke come through nicely, I really really like that stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20210428_175406.jpg
    IMG_20210428_175406.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 2
To simplify clean up you can do something as simple as a piece of foil with the edges crimped up a little, I think foil pans are a little more material wasteful if you know what I mean. A pan is fine when you know there will be a lot of drippage or you want to make gravy etc.
I don’t get the Weber ones, way too expensive. Especially if it’s just going to be thrown away.
All that said, I just might need to spin a pork loin this weekend!
Edit,
BTW, I have found I’ve forgotten drip pans, or foil more than once!

Last edited:
Looks awesome, big fan of the asparagus and potato sides. I may need to try that preparation sometime soon. Finish temperature on pork loin is really key. Close to 160 is awesome... much over that things get pretty dry. The best pork loin I ever made was wet brined and cooked on the WSM with a boat load of fresh herbs and garlic, at around 250 to 275 until it hit 160. Not much in the way of "crust" but it was flavorful and juicy.

Looks awesome, big fan of the asparagus and potato sides. I may need to try that preparation sometime soon. Finish temperature on pork loin is really key. Close to 160 is awesome... much over that things get pretty dry. The best pork loin I ever made was wet brined and cooked on the WSM with a boat load of fresh herbs and garlic, at around 250 to 275 until it hit 160. Not much in the way of "crust" but it was flavorful and juicy.
Yeah this was cooked at 375 ish, the crust was amazing. I pulled it at 150, my actual goal was around 140, but missed it, I have no completely with the pulled temps. Here is the asparagus being cooked, this is the second I have done this in the last few weeks. It is really good. It is one of my favorite things right now. I just moved the charcoal baskets under the griddle and cooked this while the pork rested.
IMG_20210428_175434.jpg

Great cook Michael. It all looks delicious...I would kill those potatoes three times over.

Potatoes are a Weber Recipe Cliff Barlett gave me, they are supposed to be done on the kettle, but I cheated tonight and did them in the oven.

Still actually looks pretty juicy for a lean cut and pulled at 150.
I love pulling at 140, you know its going to be cooked enough and it can rest as long as needed....and it will still come out juicy.
Just peach wood on this cook only?
All this peach wood talk has really got me ambitious to use a piece soon!

Still actually looks pretty juicy for a lean cut and pulled at 150.
I love pulling at 140, you know its going to be cooked enough and it can rest as long as needed....and it will still come out juicy.
Just peach wood on this cook only?
All this peach wood talk has really got me ambitious to use a piece soon!
Yeah, the Peach wood is so cool, I felt the same way before I got mine. Yeah I was totally planning to pull at 140, but I got pulled into the Champions League game, and was not checking it as I should have. It took a while to get to 100, then went from 100 to 147/148 quickly. This is leading me to know that my next new bbq tool needs to be a wireless probe for the meats on the rotisserie.

Looks good to go! I do my asparagus on the Q100, The grate is tight enough I can roll them around and not have them fall through!

Looks good to go! I do my asparagus on the Q100, The grate is tight enough I can roll them around and not have them fall through!
Kevin,
I am on the lookout for a used Q to be the gasser to add to my current charcoal only Arsenal. Others on this site also love the Q for veggies and especially asparagus because of the close grates. I am excited about finding the right used Q!

Kevin,
I am on the lookout for a used Q to be the gasser to add to my current charcoal only Arsenal. Others on this site also love the Q for veggies and especially asparagus because of the close grates. I am excited about finding the right used Q!
The weberitis is kicking in.......
It started with new performer or rotisserie.......
Now look where you are.....:ROFLMAO:

Back