Sous Vide T-Bones

AbeLos

TVWBB Member
The local grocery store had T-bones on sale this week so I took the opportunity to get a couple cut nice and thick to throw in the sous vide. Seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning and into the sous vide they went at 130.5 for about 4 hrs then onto the performer for about 2.5 min per side then a little bit of time on the edges. Couldn't be happier with the cook and after we ate, I ended the meal with bone gnawing goodness.

I like me a sale, had the butcher cut them about 2.5" thick.

Seasoned them with Montreal steak seasoning and put them in the sous vide at 130.5 for around 4 hrs. When they came off I pat them dry and let them sit for a few minutes.

Then I put them on the peformer for 2.5 min per side with a little additional time on the edges. After I was done on the grill I brought them in to see how they came out.....:D

Overall, extremely happy with this cook, could do some very minor tweaks but i always say that after a cook. I knew we wouldn't be able to eat both of the steaks, but I don't mind having leftovers to pick at over the next day or so.

Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend.

Those are some really nice t-bones! With the generous amount of filet on those, I'd say they qualify as porterhouses in my book! Would love to sit down to that for dinner, and leftovers for the week, too!! Nice cook!

R

Man that is some fantastic T-Bones and awesome cook. Left overs are always the best part.

Back