Some Genesis Platinum Options:

Samuel, I just pick them up at the local ACE or other local HW store. I don't really know the size so it is just easier to grab a bunch once it a while where I can actually see them and know I am getting the right size. If you are only doing one or a few grills, that would be the best source. I probably should determine the exact size of them and find a source for bulk.
Your other option is a few dabs of High Heat Red RTV silicone on the back of the badge. I have done dozens of grills that way. I just pulled the badge off my personal grill a few weeks ago and I can tell you, that stuff sticks really well...but it also does allow the badge to later be removed.

Just clean it off with the rest of the lid. Nothing special needed to prep for a new badge.
But, a razor blade scraper will get 95% of the left over RTV off after you remove a badge that was mounted with RTV. Then, just some simple scrubbing with #0000 steel wool and simple green or other cleaner will get the rest off.

Yeah, I finally realized Bruce is right again. RTV is the way to go. No more hassling with clips - other than getting the old ones off😯!

Yeah, I finally realized Bruce is right again. RTV is the way to go. No more hassling with clips - other than getting the old ones off😯!
The hassle with those clips for me is getting the right size. They are super easy to push on using an appropriate sized socket.

Replacement clips are fine, but they cost about .25 each and I keep running out of them. A tube of Red RTV will do about 50 badges probably and it is always available when I need it.
One other benefit, is that if you really want a to use a different badge than is designed for a particular lid, you can grind off the mounting posts of the badge and stick it on. I have done that several times.

I do. I had one that I re-did and I wasn't super happy with it, so I figured I would see how it looks on there, and see how it holds up to the elements!

Back