Some Genesis Platinum Options:

Thanks Bruce. I have been looking for a second Platinum for some time now, thus the reason I settled for a Silver C as my 2nd option. Luckily, I have my go to.

I like both colors as well, but am leaning towards the blue one on that grill unless there's a big difference in condition such as scratches, chips, or fade.

Steve, they are both in pretty good shape. I usually run with the Blue, but I was just curious on how the Burgundy would appear. What I do like about the Blue are the endcaps which have removable mounting screws of which I would like to get another set of endcaps with this style.

Blue Lid with Blk End Caps pic 2.jpg

Last edited:
What I do like about the Blue are the endcaps which have removable mounting screws of which I would like to get another set of endcaps with this style.
Those are Genesis 1000 end caps that have the removable bolts. I'm not sure if early Silver B's had them or not.

I am not sure how long Weber had those end caps with the bolts, but I do think it might have been into the Silver B era at some point where they switched.

Here is an early Silver B that has the newer style end caps.
1713103282169.jpeg

Yes the Curb Alert I got the Burgundy lid from was an older Genesis also that did not have the removable bolts. Here it is in all its glory. I kept the Burgundy insert, propane tank, grill light, lid handle, grill knobs, and wire rack, for myself and passed the rest along for free.

Burgundy Genesis.jpeg

I did not leave the remains totally abandon. I left the next owner a decent start on a restore for the side burner worked.
It was not just chopped liver. The guy that picked it up from me put new burners and ignitor in it and then offered it up for sale.
Here is what I gave him.

Silver pic 5.jpgSilver pic 2.jpg

Last edited:

Back