Sold out?

Andy.Craig

TVWBB Fan
I am in the market for a Weber Performer and they seem to be sold out everywhere? Is that what everyone else is seeing?

A few weeks ago I was out with a buddy helping him buy a Performer and all the stuff he needed for it. I definitely noticed less stock than usual. He wanted a Crimson and we found, I kid you not, the last Crimson Performer available in the entire OKC metro area. There were a decent amount of coppers available at that time, but no other color available, even black. So, fast forward a few weeks and I would not be shocked if supply is dead right now. I'm sure Covid shutdowns have created a supply gap.

EDIT: Just checked Ace Hardware site and it looks like all the Ace Hardware locations in OKC still have Copper available.

There is a few things going on here. For one I think store inventories have starting getting tighter on the higher end Weber gear because they have in the past had to clearance a fair amount of it. Only so many people are willing to pay $400+ for a charcoal grill. Secondly with a mixture of it being peak grilling season AND everyone trying to stay home this summer with COVID grills are in much higher demand than usual.

My advice would be to check Facebook Marketplace. You might find a lightly used or almost new performer for a fair amount less than in store. Unless you are after an exclusive color that is. Good luck!

Interesting. I just checked my local Lowes and Home Depot and none are in stock. In fact, HD site says none in stock within 100 miles.

When we were shopping a few weeks ago, not a single Home Depot or Lowe's had a single Performer, of any color. And, a woman at HD looked them up and said they were coded as special order in the system. Based on what I'm seeing, Home Depot and Lowe's are cutting back on Weber's and filling up their floor with pellet poopers and cheap gas grills. Ace Hardware seems to be the best place to buy a Weber grill at this point, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Check your local Ace Hardware stores. You might have to call around because they are usually independently owned with un-linked inventory systems. With so many people staying at home the demand has surpassed the supply. Helps with the resale value of used grills, but makes finding new grills a little more difficult.

Check your local Ace Hardware stores. You might have to call around because they are usually independently owned with un-linked inventory systems. With so many people staying at home the demand has surpassed the supply. Helps with the resale value of used grills, but makes finding new grills a little more difficult.

I can only speak to the OKC area, but pretty much all the stores in our metro area are all linked up in the inventory system and it typically works very well. The only catch is that any floor model is included in the inventory and we found 2 Ace Hardware stores that had a Crimson Performer on the floor but they wouldn't sell it to us. The third location that showed it in stock actually had "put together all the Weber grills they had in the back and put them on the floor to sell." The one my buddy bought was missing the cheesy timer from the gas control panel so they gave him 10% off. I told him I never used my timer when I had that version of Performer. lol. Getting $44 off was a way better deal than having that timer, to me.

I can only speak to the OKC area, but pretty much all the stores in our metro area are all linked up in the inventory system and it typically works very well. The only catch is that any floor model is included in the inventory and we found 2 Ace Hardware stores that had a Crimson Performer on the floor but they wouldn't sell it to us. The third location that showed it in stock actually had "put together all the Weber grills they had in the back and put them on the floor to sell." The one my buddy bought was missing the cheesy timer from the gas control panel so they gave him 10% off. I told him I never used my timer when I had that version of Performer. lol. Getting $44 off was a way better deal than having that timer, to me.

Those timers are pretty useless. I've not used mine yet. $44 off is a nice trade-off for sure.

Sometimes a person or group owns multiple stores, and then it would make sense to have inventories from their different stores linked. The Ace I used to work at was a "Corporate" Ace and we used to have two in the Metro Atlanta area. We could see each other's inventory and even the other corporate stores around the country... but Ace sold most of their corporate stores.

I worked at a hardware store in Athens, GA for a year and they didn't even have a digital inventory o_O ... every item had to be priced on delivery day and tagged as it was unloaded, major pain in the butt. Really unorganized store, the guy even had a "warehouse" out back where he put all his old stock that didn't sell, no system for cataloging what was put back there. Reminds me of that American Pickers show.

Those timers are pretty useless. I've not used mine yet. $44 off is a nice trade-off for sure.

Sometimes a person or group owns multiple stores, and then it would make sense to have inventories from their different stores linked. The Ace I used to work at was a "Corporate" Ace and we used to have two in the Metro Atlanta area. We could see each other's inventory and even the other corporate stores around the country... but Ace sold most of their corporate stores.

I worked at a hardware store in Athens, GA for a year and they didn't even have a digital inventory o_O ... every item had to be priced on delivery day and tagged as it was unloaded, major pain in the butt. Really unorganized store, the guy even had a "warehouse" out back where he put all his old stock that didn't sell, no system for cataloging what was put back there. Reminds me of that American Pickers show.

Yeah, all the Ace's here in OKC are Westlake Ace Hardware so I've always assumed it was the same franchisee.

Now, what you are describing is just like a lot of more rural Ace Hardware stores I see around here. I LOVE finding those stores because inevitably they will have all kinds of older Weber stuff that maybe you can't even find anymore but it's sitting there brand new in a faded red Weber box. lol. That's how I found my Q handle light recently. It was on sale and brand new in a faded box at an Ace Hardware that didn't cycle out their inventory. In all my travels, when I see an Ace Hardware out in the boonies somewhere I ALWAYS stop and go check out what Weber stuff they have.

There is a few things going on here. For one I think store inventories have starting getting tighter on the higher end Weber gear because they have in the past had to clearance a fair amount of it. Only so many people are willing to pay $400+ for a charcoal grill. Secondly with a mixture of it being peak grilling season AND everyone trying to stay home this summer with COVID grills are in much higher demand than usual.

My advice would be to check Facebook Marketplace. You might find a lightly used or almost new performer for a fair amount less than in store. Unless you are after an exclusive color that is. Good luck!
Ace's margins are much tighter on Weber than on Traeger, so each store will likely keep less Weber's on hand.

In regards to the comments above I now feel my payment last January of $550 for a new assembled and delivered Weber Performer Deluxe(Green) here in Costa Rica was a pretty good buy besides being a very good cooker. Weber Mexico is where the Weber Costa Rican Authorized Dealers replenish their Weber Stock and my best guess is that the Weber Performer here in Costa Rica is even now more scarce

Last edited:
Ya, none in San Diego show inventory at HD, Ace, or Lowes. Even Amazon its unavailable!

I will keep my eye for a used one, settle for a MasterTouch or maybe upgrade to the Deluxe. I was just wanting the basic one. Do not need the timer, bin, ignite, etc.

Thanks all!

It's best to call the store instead of shopping online. Order directly from the store. The store will order through their Weber rep. The store makes more money and you don't have to pay shipping....just pickup from store.

Oh, good info. I will do that from now on. I love going to all the different Ace Hardware stores here. I'm the guy that just goes in my spare time to walk around and look at the grills. lol

Back