So what other hobbies do you you guys have?

Inshore & nearshore saltwater fishing most every weekend, boating, woodworking, golf, sausage making & meat processing and whatever honey does my wife has lined up for me.

Golf with Dad every chance I get.
general troubleshooter or fixer/ improver of all things... the challenge to make it better.

A short list of my hobbies/interests;

grilling, smoking, and cooking - especially bbq and cajun recipes, cooking with friends/for friends is the best
spoiling my wife and kids
bourbon, beer and wine appreciation
music appreciation, blues, some jazz, rock, folk rock, some country.....
lawncare - this was a new focus this year, lots of time for it with Covid
golfing, watching golf, watching the KC Chiefs, fishing,
traveling/site seeing (I hope everyone who's interested can get back to this next year)

Collect vinyl records, golf, fishing and testing bourbon......
Much of this is seasonal as I see snow on the ground right now
Cooking is my favorite and with winter here there is more time to cook and make sure all the distilleries are continuously making good beverages and they are staying consistent with every new batch.
I like to try and fool everyone and just call my addition in weight the COVID 20........but this happens a lot in the cold months.
Been looking to get into Vinyl actually ,

Besides bbq and cooking I am a huge sports fan for NFL football (Go Chiefs!), NHL hockey (Go Bruins!) and MLB baseball (Go Yankees!).

I also like outdoor stuff including camping, fishing and some hiking. Doing stuff with my dogs such as going to the beach in the summer.

Lastly, I like movies and binging on shows and just hanging out by the fire pit with friends tasting scotch, wine and other drinks.
thats a unique mix of teams. Lions (Sadly) Redwings (sadly now) Tigers (well also sadly) lol

my kids shows promise here, would love to get her a wood shop
I like to dabble at wood working.
I'm no Norm Abrams, but I do ok.
I'm building my youngest god sons replacement swords and shields that they lost in a condo fire a couple months ago.
We bought them the swords at the local Renaissance festival last year and I made them shields to go with them.
And, it's all made from scraps I had in the garage! I'll post pics tomorrow or the next day.
Pammi and I are also avid Rvers!
We're both looking forward to 4 years from now when I can retire(Pammi's probably got 2 more).
Then, we're selling the house, upgrading our small travel trailer and truck to something larger and going out to see this great country!

I've been into a lot of things I've let fall by the wayside over the years. I was heavily into historical reenacting for a long time. We did War of 1812, Texas Revolution, and Mexican war impressions. I played guitar for a long time but never got that great at it. I could play barre chords and mangle a blues scale. I got addicted to World of Warcraft for a little while in there. I've stuck with barbecue and grilling, sausage making, etc. I still read a ton, mainly science fiction/fantasy but I've done some forays into all the beat generation stuff, Bukowski, some classics and what not. I still play some video games with my son.

Been looking to get into Vinyl actually ,
Well, I only have 1 opinion now........
It used to be affordable, collecting them seemed reasonable.
For some reason now it insanely expensive, I don't buy as many as I used to for sure.
A new double LP from a record store will run you $40 for sure and if it's no longer available and you have to use the online options to obtain wat you want, that same record could be something like $65.00 plus shipping.
These numbers are random but it most very well does work this way.
On the other hand however, I just installed a new needle on the turntable and let me tell you......there is no better sound possible if you want to listen to high quality audio.
It's nice to have and own something you can hold on to and listen to, if you are not interested in investing possible $30,000 into about 700 records or so then you may want to avoid it.

Well, I only have 1 opinion now........
It used to be affordable, collecting them seemed reasonable.
For some reason now it insanely expensive, I don't buy as many as I used to for sure.
A new double LP from a record store will run you $40 for sure and if it's no longer available and you have to use the online options to obtain wat you want, that same record could be something like $65.00 plus shipping.
These numbers are random but it most very well does work this way.
On the other hand however, I just installed a new needle on the turntable and let me tell you......there is no better sound possible if you want to listen to high quality audio.
It's nice to have and own something you can hold on to and listen to, if you are not interested in investing possible $30,000 into about 700 records or so then you may want to avoid it.
I am not investing 30K lol so maybe ill pass lol

There are so many ways to affordably get back into vinyl - it takes a bit of homework and researching, but it is possible.

"Crate Digging"(aka used vinyl shopping) is another side hobby of mine to music/audio; some real good vinyl finds at low cost.

Best not derail this thread, though. You could start up a new thread or PM some of us.

I've been into a lot of things I've let fall by the wayside over the years. I was heavily into historical reenacting for a long time. We did War of 1812, Texas Revolution, and Mexican war impressions. I played guitar for a long time but never got that great at it. I could play barre chords and mangle a blues scale. I got addicted to World of Warcraft for a little while in there. I've stuck with barbecue and grilling, sausage making, etc. I still read a ton, mainly science fiction/fantasy but I've done some forays into all the beat generation stuff, Bukowski, some classics and what not. I still play some video games with my son.
I always thought historical reenacting would be fun, but itd be SO HOT i feel, and I suck w hot lol

All my life I've had the bad habit of bass fishing. But towing and operating a boat burns a lot of gasoline and when gas prices got high, it became too expensive compared to the enjoyment I got from it. That coupled with shoulder and knee surgeries and not being as spry and agile as I was once, I've lost my love for fishing.

WW II has become my main interest other than barbecue. All aspects of WW II , from the rise of the Nazis in the 30's to the Marshall plan. I'm always reading a book on the war. I think its fascinating.

I also have a vegetable garden that doubles as a hobby, but is mostly about growing tasty tomatos.

Those are loose numbers of course. That would be an average of around $40 per record.
As posted above, digging through older records in a store which is super fun especially when you only have a few records is considerably cheaper.
They can range from $1 to $20 for a really good condition popular record.
I have purchased a lot of expensive records so it tends to push the money spent up a bit....Records are made in limited numbers, so like any other collectible the fewer there are of them the more money people can ask for them for the most part.
You can do the math if you wanted to just go out and buy 100 brand new records at $30 a pop.......
Every hobby involves some sort of cost though......

I always thought historical reenacting would be fun, but itd be SO HOT i feel, and I suck w hot lol
Way back in the day we got hired to be in this weird documentary about the San Patricio Battalion in the Mexican War. The San Patricio Battalion was a group of Irish immigrants that deserted the American army and joined the Mexican army. I think it's out there on youtube somewhere. I think it was probaby 110 outside and we were wearing wool uniforms. It was next level misery. The doc was a heavily skewed anti-American propaganda piece after it was all said and done.

Back