So what other hobbies do you you guys have?

Youth soccer referee, cycling, running, golfing, cigars and bourbon. :)

EDIT: Sourdough Bread baking (I think I forgot about it since it's more of an integral part of my sanity than a hobby!) :)

R

Last edited:
Collecting and posting recipes. What? You all knew this? lol

One of my favorite thing to do when I was able was to fish off of all the different piers in this southern part of Florida. Gosh, I miss that. Used to also go down to the Keys and go crabbing.

Collect vinyl records, golf, fishing and testing bourbon......
Much of this is seasonal as I see snow on the ground right now
Cooking is my favorite and with winter here there is more time to cook and make sure all the distilleries are continuously making good beverages and they are staying consistent with every new batch.
I like to try and fool everyone and just call my addition in weight the COVID 20........but this happens a lot in the cold months.

Fly fishing, used to restore English sport cars but I gave that up when we downsized and now only have a two car garage vs, the four car I had.
Model Railroading.
That is a pretty fancy set up there Rich, I don't do this personally but used to have a buddy that did. It is a lot of work for sure.

Music/Audio gear head.

Certified tracker with the San Diego Tracking Team as a Survey Leader.

And in the past: dirt bikes, Tolkien/Middle-earth nerd (with a website, too).

Besides bbq and cooking I am a huge sports fan for NFL football (Go Chiefs!), NHL hockey (Go Bruins!) and MLB baseball (Go Yankees!).

I also like outdoor stuff including camping, fishing and some hiking. Doing stuff with my dogs such as going to the beach in the summer.

Lastly, I like movies and binging on shows and just hanging out by the fire pit with friends tasting scotch, wine and other drinks.

EDIT: Sourdough Bread baking (I think I forgot about it since it's more of an integral part of my sanity than a hobby!) :)

R

R
C'mon Rich. Your list is a little light. :) I can think of at least 3 more for you!

My two other loves that I enjoyed for many years were skydiving and pigeon racing. I've tried a couple of others recently that have spun off from this forum, but I pretty much suck at both. :confused:

Hunting Fishing , we spend as much time as we can with the grand kids, grandson just turned 15, granddaughter will turn 14 near the end of the month, was a lot cheaper when they were toddlers lol

Musician, play the saxophone in a couple of groups, well not so much now that everything is shut down, scale model building, fishing, but my favorite hobby is also my grandkids.

I like to dabble at wood working.
I'm no Norm Abrams, but I do ok.
I'm building my youngest god sons replacement swords and shields that they lost in a condo fire a couple months ago.
We bought them the swords at the local Renaissance festival last year and I made them shields to go with them.
And, it's all made from scraps I had in the garage! I'll post pics tomorrow or the next day.
Pammi and I are also avid Rvers!
We're both looking forward to 4 years from now when I can retire(Pammi's probably got 2 more).
Then, we're selling the house, upgrading our small travel trailer and truck to something larger and going out to see this great country!

Collecting and posting recipes. What? You all knew this? lol

One of my favorite thing to do when I was able was to fish off of all the different piers in this southern part of Florida. Gosh, I miss that. Used to also go down to the Keys and go crabbing.
Couple of things I forgot. 1. Love to do jigsaw puzzles. 2. and I love, love to read.

Hunting, fishing, golfing, woodworking, watching NFL (Go Chiefs!), watching college basketball (Go Kansas Jayhawks!) and spending time with family and friends.

Back