So this just happened...and this forum is to blame.

TomRc

TVWBB Pro
Up until about 2 weeks ago, I had only heard the name Vieluxe briefly and never really gave it much of a second thought. Then the chatter picked up here on the forum and piqued my interest. Today, I now own a Vieluxe. Ironically, there was no holy grail search or anything like that to even have a great story to tell later on. Nope. I just threw the name Vieluxe into a local FB Marketplace search about 2 hours ago and there the damn thing was...just a 25 minute ride from home and only listed for sale less than 24 hours prior. I did what any flipper would do...I made a bit of a lowball offer based solely on the pics provided and attached a message that I’d like to work with him to get it at a bit of a better price than his ask. I figured we’d go back and forth like any good haggle and eventually meet somewhere in the middle. 2nd nope. He took my initial offer without question and money changed hands. So, tomorrow I now have to somehow wrestle this behemoth onto my trailer in the cold and snow, right? 3rd nope. It’s actually in the garage structure of a heated commercial storage facility that the seller owns. I can back my trailer right into the building and he will place the grill on my trailer with his forklift. He advertised it as needing an igniter and a cleaning. The pics look like it’s a good one. I’m a flipper at heart so I have no grand illusion of keeping it for anything more than the briefest of time. For the moment though, I am a Vieluxe owner...and I blame the good people of TVWBB for it.
116A6931-7BE5-4CF3-B2AA-2214687863F4.png29029C70-C73F-4AFF-8D8E-9CAD63E2A3C6.png71A0A264-3808-4F73-A466-365FCFF2FEFA.png50B294FC-3280-4542-AA2D-D3FCEA6DD8C0.png

Last edited:
Alright curious minds want to know what did you pay for it? What a beast those things are I am with Larry I would not flip it either but you might go broke with propane. :unsure:

Hahaha NICE, that looks like a real nice one.
Those things don’t do a thing for me but I know others are drooling, now be a great guy and send it to Larry or Jon for cost.
That should be in the hands of someone who respects what they have.

Hahaha NICE, that looks like a real nice one.
Those things don’t do a thing for me but I know others are drooling, now be a great guy and send it to Larry or Jon for cost.
That should be in the hands of someone who respects what they have.
I can't imagine what the "cost" of shipping a 400lb appliance would be.

Alright curious minds want to know what did you pay for it? What a beast those things are I am with Larry I would not flip it either but you might go broke with propane. :unsure:
I paid $400. I might have to build a quick A-frame tarp over the trailer to keep the elements off it while I hold it until spring when interest heats. I’ll be disappointed if I don’t double my money without ever removing it from the trailer.

Well, we've really got something going now! No, I can't afford to sleep in the shed, but if a $400 LP Vieluxe popped up withing a realistic distance, I would be on it.

Here is one grill that would at least give a Vieluxe competition. This one seems new, so the super high price is to be ignored. But a used one for a realistic price would be pretty cool. Still, the Vieluxe has some kind of real MAGIC to it that this Fire Magic doesn't. But, look at those grates!

Fire Magic.jpg

Fire Magic2.jpg

Well, we've really got something going now! No, I can't afford to sleep in the shed, but if a $400 LP Vieluxe popped up withing a realistic distance, I would be on it.

Here is one grill that would at least give a Vieluxe competition. This one seems new, so the super high price is to be ignored. But a used one for a realistic price would be pretty cool. Still, the Vieluxe has some kind of real MAGIC to it that this Fire Magic doesn't. But, look at those grates!

View attachment 44411

View attachment 44412
ME (looking in the mirror right now): No! You are not driving to Minnesota....

Back